My Dodge Dakota Q-cab

hikingff77

Adventurer
oooooo, look what the delivery truck dropped off today....and it's already at the powder coater, be back in a week to 10 days and installed in two weeks
6878935972_541491a04b_z.jpg

Very nice. Who made it for you? I was looking at getting that made when I had my Dak. What'd it cost you? If you don't mind me asking........

Yes, pics when installed please.

colodak

Adventurer
it's made by winchready in Ca., they are not cheap, this was $1155 shipped Ca. to Denver (distance my vary for priceing) they are a bit overpriced on the powdercoat. They want $250 for textured black, I'm getting it done for $150 black on the bumper and silver on the lettering. Will also have to purchase some new lights to upgrade what I have. Should be back from powdercoat in 10 days and installed the week after.

fastrac

What was the turn around time from ordering to delivery? I'm thinking one of those would look good on my truck.

colodak

Adventurer
I lucked out, they had one in stock. I ordered it on the 15th, they were supposed to ship it on the 16th but had to clean it up and check everything over. So it shipped on the 21st and I received it on the 28th. Normal turn around time is about 3 weeks from order to delivery or so I was told. If your interested, http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-DODGE-...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr someone told me about this earlier today. You could have it shipped to the Springs, you would have to have it stripped and recoated before mounting, but this is an option. IIRC, this bumper weighs about 130 lbs before adding a winch or anything else. Mine will about 110 before adding a winch.

fastrac

That ebay bumper is a nice find, thanks for the link. I just don't know that I want to mess with refinishing, etc, but I will keep and eye on it.

colodak

Adventurer
That ebay bumper is a nice find, thanks for the link. I just don't know that I want to mess with refinishing, etc, but I will keep and eye on it.

find a powder coater in the Springs, they could refer you to someone who would strip it and clean then have it recoated. powder coating would be $150 to $175 and stripping it another $125. The powder coating shop could probably do the whole thing.

colodak

Adventurer
still in the bedding in phase, but definetly stopping is better with 4 wheel discs. Kinda wished I would have gotten them powdercoated in a different color, either black or red

peek-a-boo

toehold

Details man, details! :drool:

Did you use the SSBC kit? Looks like you installed it yourself. How much of a chore was that little exercise?

T.

colodak

Adventurer
yeah, it's the SSBC kit. No I didn't install it myself, not feeling that ambitious. 4 Wheel Parts did the install while they did the gear swap. I've been told if you know what your doing, allow a full day. The kit arrived about 9:30 am, they had it installed by 3 pm. But, it took another 5 hrs (3hrs that night, two hours the next morning) to get it bled correctly and working correctly. They had to pull my master cylinder and and remove an o-ring inside to allow for more pressure.

Have to take the truck back after 500 miles so they change the fluid in the diffs, will have them re-bleed the brakes at that time as well. Overall, I really like it so far. definetly better stopping. Once it gets re-bled I will like it more. I keep getting a varying peddle feel, sometimes normal/hard sometimes soft.

colodak

Adventurer
Got my winch ready bumper installed Saturday, still have to take the truck to the 4WD shop and have them massage the fit and make me an add-on skid plate from the bumper to the front axle to protect the radiator.
Out with the old
DSC01046.jpg

In with the new, and I actually saved 40 to 50 lbs of weight, and the dogster approves

toehold

The front end looks good.

Planning a longish trip to Oregon in July so the brakes are real interesting to me. Not sure if we'll be pulling a trailer or not (anyone want to rent/loan me their TT or pop-up for 2 wks?) but the extra braking power would be a plus.

Thanks for the updates.

TH

fasteddy47

Adventurer
Nice find on the bumper....it suits it just right,,,,,not big and gawdy like some of the ones available....
Cheers
Eddy

colodak

Adventurer
no real updates, between working my butt off and helping my Dad (had major back surgery on the 1st so I'm watching his house while he's in a rehab center) haven't had much time to work on it. Finally got my winch re-wired today and the winch cable back on. Wanted to get my lights all working but it's rained on/off all weekend and the truck really doesn't fit in the garage.

colodak

Adventurer
Decided modifiing one vehicle for travel wasn't enough, so picked up another one. '09 Kawasaki KLE 650 Versys, only had 10 miles on it when I rode of the dealers lot. Will give it a few months of breakin and learning time before the modifiying begins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online