My Defender 110 build up for South American travels

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
I never updated, but I got rid of the fridge listed earlier in this thread. It was fine for a night, but any longer than that and I would need to start the truck. This wasnt good enough for me so I broke down and bought and Edgestar scratch and dent and it arrived the day before I left. It was the small size, but I dont remember the liters off the top of my head, 47l maybe? I am glad I didnt go with anything bigger. This fridge is large enough.
43 quarts. Great deal if you get a scratch n' dent or open box unit.

Unfortunately we had to get rid of ours because it was TOO big for our tiny 4runner

ExploringNH

Explorer
No solar on board. We can stop for about 3-4 days now without needing to start the motor (and leaving a huge safety margin in our starting battery). This has proved to be enough for us as we are rarely in one spot for more than a couple of days. It would be a nice peace of mind thing to have but the budget didn't allow for it.

I was really shocked at how big the edgestar was when I opened it up. I am very glad I didnt go with the 86qt or whatever it is.

ExploringNH

Explorer
How do you now feel about a RTT compared to your initial desire for a pop top?

I think there are benefits and downsides to both methods but I would still really like a pop-top.

The tent has been fine and there are plenty of people that I have met on this trip that have spent far more time in their tents than I have in mine. I think it is a perfectly viable option. I have also met plenty of people with pop top trucks of one variation or another, including one pop top Defender. I really like the way they are set up and I think they offer a lot of versatility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior