My current adventure bicycle:

MTVR

2020 Kona Unit. It's a rigid steel single-speed 29er. Rack mounts, fender mounts, barnacles all over it. Boost spacing, bolt-in through axles, 160/180 hydraulic disc brakes- this bicycle doesn't have a single cable on it. It weighs 26.2 pounds once I dumped the tubes (it came tubeless ready).

I love steel bikes. This is my first one with modern geometry- short stays, long top tube, short stem, 68-degree head angle, and 750mm wide handlebar.

The 2.6" tires are a new thing for me also. I like them.

It comes with a derailleur hanger and a full-width freehub, so if I want to run it 1x12, I can do that. It also comes with a suspension-corrected fork, so if I decide at some point down the road to add a suspension fork, I can do that too.

And it was pretty cheap- I think MSRP is only about $1,199, and I was able to order it for less than that.

Last edited:

MTVR

I had considered the Salsa Fargo, the Surly Karate Monkey, as well as a few others, but this one just seemed more frisky to me...

GeoFelipe

Nice rig!!
Now add some good bags and you are ready to explore!
This Bike is capable of fun track riding also, 68° is right in the middle for confortable pedaling and good descending.
Show us some pics of yours

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

MTVR

My pics are too big to post, but it looks exactly like that one- same color, same size, same everything...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles