My Cummins/Allison 1000 Freightliner MT45 Step Van Build

John906

Sorry everyone for such along hiatus!!! The good new is the drivetrain conversion is just about done!!!! The driveshafts and transfer case controls are now being installed, and a road test should happen in a week!!! We kept the Freightliner steering box, but added a 90 deg bellcrank to adapt to the Ford Dana 60 steering linkage. Once we take the road test, I'll post a link to the video!!!

Have lots of great ideas to finish the project into really cool class a extreme motorhome!!!

Thanks again for your continued interest!!

Attachments

• Axle Install 01.jpg
    Axle Install 01.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 193
  • Axle Install 02.jpg
    Axle Install 02.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 187

BBD

Keep up the good work - looking forward to following your progress!

This may be a question that's too early - but, once you get into the motorhome part of the build - did you have any great ideas to reduce engine noise in the box? They're a bit loud for touring.

Roverchef

Adventurer
Great to see progress no matter the pace. Keep it up. Have you looked @ wartimefinds.com for tire/wheel stuff? They are great guys and might be able to steer you in the right direction if they can't help.

John906

We just had our first test run in the sand, passed with flying colors.

Max-Bilt of Eau Claire Wisconsin has taken over the build. The final steering system includes a high steer conversion with a redneck ram assist kit added; very smooth! Progress is now at full speed.

You can follow the progress of the project on Max Bilt's social media platforms including: YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and their website. They have posted some really cool video, and more on the way.

BBD

Looking good with the big wheels - looking forward to the updates.
These videos are what I could find.

walk-around starting at 13min.

And here

BBD

Great progress on the youtube page. I'm sure it'll be more quiet as you finish the interior, but how much of a difference has all that dynamat made so far? My mt45 with the same engine and no sound damping is super loud inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste