my 'Burb project 1996 1500 4wd bargoon

nosnerd

wanna be tourist
well as some have read..i really scored on this one...it will serve to tow my street machine/race car and travel/sleep in overnight;

so far:im at right under 1800$

new 1/4 glass (local MUCH less $$ than LMC truck -225$ plus 22 $ for Sikatak)

repairs/upgrades so far:

new A/C condenser and fill plus flush all fluids oil rad trans ps and diffs...

Rancho 5000 shocks for front

PIAA Extreme White 4000k bulbs 9005 and 9006 lowbeams

new brake rotors pads and calipers

new rear drums

*now i have to address a slightly loose idler arm and drivers lower BJ*

i have added a 12v socket with USB chargers in rear and a marine battery in rear with a 2000W inverter.

re tint rear windows over factory tint to be done soon..

shoppping for driving lights and a CD player

i will let winter pass...then send out factory alloy wheels to be polished and re fitted with LT265 tires

not a true expedition vehicle..more of a restomod with upgrades.

already put a 1000 miles in last two weeks looking for bugs and shakedown run to Lake George NY..runs great and looks like 14-16 mpg on highway witha light foot and cruise set at 60mph...

i love this truck

pics to come

alan

FellowTraveler

Explorer
Not knowing the mileage I suggest to change out the control arm bushings w/black poly bushings. I always do all the ball joints at the same time so I have a starting point (miles on parts) on a PM check list. When going to larger diameter tires you need to hack the DRAC/VSSB for speedo correction which in turn corrects shift points and calibrates ABS system. I'd add a stand alone head light harness using the factory harness for switching only.

Good luck w/it and safe traveling too.

nosnerd

wanna be tourist
i am really wanting to do Hella 4000s and use a Painless harness to have all four bulbs on in high beam mode.

i did some detail work on it today before the clouds rolled in....

i installed new lenses i had bought two yrs ago for my 88 pickup...but never got around to doing the swap...i hastily put the grille back on before the rain,,,they do not fit well at all (Thank God they were less than 100 shipped!).will need some shimming on top of the ajustements...but i love the look...much better than the yellowed lenses before...new grille is on its way as we speak and i will be removing the factory air dam that is broken...

SEPTEMBER2012060-vi.jpg

SEPTEMBER2012068-vi.jpg

SEPTEMBER2012070-vi.jpg

going to go out tonite in the rain..just to try out these lenses and the PIAA bulbs....GF says i am such a kid lol

nosnerd

wanna be tourist
fellow traveller...

yes i plan on doing both lower BJs at the same time...the calipers and drums were done for in same manner...who makes a very good quality factory fit idler arm NON CHINESE of course ???

future upgrades pending bonus cheque lol

amsoil bypass system
hypertech programmer
k&N filter
deep tranny pan and guage
tiregate
backup bulbs 55w
cargo basket

FellowTraveler

Explorer
fellow traveller...

yes i plan on doing both lower BJs at the same time...the calipers and drums were done for in same manner...who makes a very good quality factory fit idler arm NON CHINESE of course ???

future upgrades pending bonus cheque lol

amsoil bypass system
hypertech programmer
k&N filter
deep tranny pan and guage
tiregate
backup bulbs 55w
cargo basket

I'm stuck on MOOG problem solver replacements parts and have had less replacement since using them, oh, I use synthetic grease too.
Nice project, good luck!

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I like the way the `Burb´is coming along Nosnerd..... Keep posting those pics.... Cheers, Chilli...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94