My Build - '98 Chevrolet K1500 Z71

Hey all, sorry for lack of updates. I've been out of town the past few weeks for work and family matters. Haven't done much to the truck, but I hope to get started on it again this week!

For all following:
Sorry for not updating! I've been extremely busy since May, and the truck has sat for quite a while with no work done to it. I am hoping to finally get back to work on the truck, and start updating again!

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Well you got us all in such a state of suspense that we might soon be weting ourselves in anticipation. All joke aside I think you have a lot of people here waiting to see what you do with your fine rig... Cheers, Chilli...:Wow1:

I bring news!
I successfully dropped the transfer case and transmission today, without injuring or killing anyone :D However, I didn't get any photos, so I will appease you guys tomorrow.
Also, tomorrow, I will be rebuilding the transmission. You can expect photos, and maybe a short write-up on that.

Photos!
The glorious 4L60E and NP243

The engine bay without engine or transmission

And finally, the OEM auxiliary transmission cooler, vs the upgraded one I purchased

Thanks! Yeah, it may seem like overkill for an expedition vehicle (and probably is); but, like the old phrase "i'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it", i'd rather the truck be as bulletproof as possible, and be able to tackle stuff that I may not every find on a trail, than come across something on a trail, and have to change my plans because I have to go around.

BBslider001

Diesel Head
I forgot about this thread. It's good to see it coming along. Amy plans or idea of when it might be back together? Nice work.

So here's the latest update: transmission/transfer case is out of the truck. Come January, my plan is to order everything I still need to get the truck running (454 radiator, radiator hoses, efan kit, emissions wiring harness, wiring harness loom, and all the stuff to convert my oil and trans cooler lines to braided lines. Also going to be ordering a Monster HD 4L60E. Gonna save my old one for a future project (like I did with my old engine).

Sent from my Vortec-powered Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

Also, it will definitely be running by the end of January. After that, I'll do the SAS, and then go from there. I project about a year to completion if everything goes according to plan, and if I don't run into any financial difficulties

Sent from my Vortec-powered Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz