My ARB Drawer Squeaks a lot - Anyone else have this? This is how I fixed it (VIDEO)

Jasonkoko

Observer
Love my drawers, well made and have held up well. But the drawer unit squeaked and it was driving me nuts.

This is what I did to fix it!

tarditi

Explorer
Great vid! Thanks for taking the time to do all the production - I often forget to document any fixes or mods myself.

ryanxj

Great vid and all, but next time, for an instant fix with no effort for lazy folk like me, consider turning up the stereo ;)

rayra

Expedition Leader
Before watching the vid - pull the drawer out / apart, find the scuffing where the contact and noise is being generated. Clean the area. apply a light coat of silicone grease in the contact area.

After watching the vid - what's the function of those plastic fittings? Are the part of the rawer glide setup? or do they have something to do with the drawer box lid. I don't see why they are even there in the first place?

krick3tt

Adventurer
Great video. I have Front Runner drawers and they squeaked too. Fixed it with a piece of foam door sealer...no more squeak.

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
Great video. Nice production work. What editing program do you use?

Oh, and good job on fixing the squeak!

KurtVV

Great video. I have Front Runner drawers and they squeaked too. Fixed it with a piece of foam door sealer...no more squeak.
I just bought Front Runner drawers last weekend. They seem fantastic, and I've only had them a week. But the squeak is killing me in the inside. Was it the latches for you or something else?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

krick3tt

Adventurer
KurtVV,
The squeak came from the place where the drawer face contacts the housing at the top. I could tell as the paint wore off a bit at the contact point. I put a piece of stick-on rubber door sealer across the top and squeak is totally gone. Been almost two years now and no squeak on any trails. Many that I know have the same issue. The issue for the latch is that it sticks open and when I close the drawer it does not latch. Have to wiggle the latch mechanism a bit.

KurtVV

KurtVV,
The squeak came from the place where the drawer face contacts the housing at the top. I could tell as the paint wore off a bit at the contact point. I put a piece of stick-on rubber door sealer across the top and squeak is totally gone. Been almost two years now and no squeak on any trails. Many that I know have the same issue. The issue for the latch is that it sticks open and when I close the drawer it does not latch. Have to wiggle the latch mechanism a bit.
Hmm, I'm finding that my latches have a bit of play in them which allows them to rattle and squeak with every motion if the vehicle. I saw another reply in the thread mention lube, but I think I need to remove the play in the latch first.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior