My '89 Dodge Raider aka Mitsubishi Montero/Pajero

1615176840325.png
1615177065866.png
so on Friday, I picked up this Raider for a song ( $2,000 ). Rare V6 5spd.

I'll say this, I've lurked this forum for a long time wanting to get into something off road capable, and I've owned Starions in the past, so the previous weekend I helped a friend pick up a 5spd Raider with a G54B (2.6L 4cyl )

1615176951772.png

It renewed my interest in them, so I set about watching Facebook marketplace. Barely a week later and here we are, a brick in the wind with a V6 that leaks like the Exxon Valdez ( what Mitsubishi motor didnt? )

Current plans are to address the leak/tune up the engine ( new gaskets, spark plugs, filters, etc ), and then to address some of the minor rust that has crept up. From there, straighten out some of the small bashes, and just have fun!

Oh, and to also clean up the inside. It was used as a hunting rig in the north Georgia mountains, so the interior has seen better days. However, it has the headliner, intact, somehow.

Thanks! I've been reading yours over time as well as checking out 4x4wire, and on MMOC Facebook group.

Seems like a lot of the gen2 montero swaps in as well, and can get an air locker rear if I find an SR.

Very nice. Those are very rare options in general but to have in an 89 SWB makes it that much sweeter. Congratulations on your unicorn. Treat her well.

irish44j

Yes and yes. Cruise isn't functional, I imagine maybe vacuum line related ( at least they were on starion's ive owned )

I've never gotten my cruise to work. It's literally the only thing on my rig that doesn't work.

I swapped out power windows for manual, just because I've never owned an 80s car that DIDN'T have a power window motor fail with the window down, on a rainy day (and I've had a lot of 80s cars) lol.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I was in Baja slipping and sliding and struggling to get to our property after two weeks of rain down there. I had a Ford F-250 4x4. A Mitsubishi was going by in the opposite direction like it was a stroll in the park.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94