My 550 build The "Ford Escape"

Fatboyz

Observer
I'm very happy with the finished product! Used my Portable motorcycle lift to lift it into place and bolt it on. Really looks nice. Will look even better with the Bushwacker fender flares!

Attachments

• IMG_2278.JPG
    IMG_2278.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2279.JPG
    IMG_2279.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 96

Fatboyz

Observer
Got the FRP on the bathroom done. That is the last project for the inside for me, just waiting for my Hickory table my daughter is building and get the cushions upholstered.

Attachments

• IMG_2388.JPG
    IMG_2388.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2389.JPG
    IMG_2389.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2392.JPG
    IMG_2392.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2393.JPG
    IMG_2393.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2394.JPG
    IMG_2394.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 62

Fatboyz

Observer
We had the truck out for 5 days in the Mountains while I was on a High Angle marksmanship course. My daughter brought out the Hickory table and we got that installed. Cushions and seat backs will be done at the Upholsterer in a couple weeks. Everything worked awesome. It was 30C outside so we were very hot and sweaty after 12 hour days shooting on the Mountain and the shower worked awesome for a cool off. Boy we are loving this truck!Hickory Table.jpg

motorman

just a hair over 3 years . . . congratulations, great job!

are you out mostly by yourself?
not that you have your winch will that change your recovery gear?

Fatboyz

Observer
just a hair over 3 years . . . congratulations, great job!

are you out mostly by yourself?
not that you have your winch will that change your recovery gear?
Always just my wife and I. I have spent the last 33 years working alone in Northern Alberta and in the Alberta Mountains. Long before the days of cell phones etc and in weather up to -45. I have quite the skill set and good boots. If it's real bad we aren't going there. Also will be carrying 2 dual sport motorcycles on the back (building the carrier is next years project) so we can get into those tough spots. I spent a lot of time working from a 2 wheel drive pickup with no winch. Learned to use a jack all and what not to get out of stuck situations.

Fatboyz

Observer
Got the last couple of things done. Ladder and diesel Pre heater. Will install a stereo inside this fall yet if the weather holds. I have an awning on back order and the motorcycle carrier will be next spring. Heading to the Mountains for 4 days. Chilly nights already, will have the wood stove going tonight for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_2568.JPG
    IMG_2568.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2569.JPG
    IMG_2569.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 39

motorman

looks like too much fresh air and water and too low of a population density
you need to move back to the city!!!

looks great and exactly what you built that kritter for

did you fill up your cooler?

any regrets with the spray foam?

Fatboyz

Observer
looks like too much fresh air and water and too low of a population density
you need to move back to the city!!!

looks great and exactly what you built that kritter for

did you fill up your cooler?

any regrets with the spray foam?
Just with firewood for the trip there. Very smokey from Down south so tough to spot sheep. No meat this trip so good excuse to go again! No issues with the spray foam at all. Java did his 450 ski machine with foam too but had his professionally installed. It was quite expensive to have done around here and I'm very happy with the result. It was just at frreezing (1C) overnight so had a small fire in the stove in the morning while we made coffee. Nice and toasty warm before heading out for the day. We spent about 10 hours a day hiking then returned to the truck just before dark.

motorman

just like i thought, too much fresh air . . .

i keep waffling between the spray foam and rigid
ive looked at yours and Java's foam process many many times and the time is soon coming for me to decide

hiring it out is about $1200 if i bring it ready to shoot, but then there is no turning back

Reebavic

Freedom
WoW, this is the stuff I was looking for!!! I don't have a Million or a bunch of Sponsors! Very impress, I like the KISS rules! But is isn't cheating if you get your Cabinet Maker daughter to help you out?
Again, good inspiration!

Fatboyz

Observer
WoW, this is the stuff I was looking for!!! I don't have a Million or a bunch of Sponsors! Very impress, I like the KISS rules! But is isn't cheating if you get your Cabinet Maker daughter to help you out?
Again, good inspiration!
We basically saved up and bought a few pieces at a time, It's definitely not 5 stars, and super fancy, but we are simple people and like it simple and reliable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles