My 550 build The "Ford Escape"

motorman

what is your overall height?

is your paint holding up? did you use single stage or color + clear?

whose windows did you use and are they holding up?

Fatboyz

Observer
what is your overall height?

is your paint holding up? did you use single stage or color + clear?

whose windows did you use and are they holding up?
Overall Height to the top of my roof rack is 11 1/2'. I used a single stage paint with a self etching primer and its holding up great. All the windows are just take offs from wrecked holiday trailers. Instead of mounting them the normal way of just a press/sandwich hold with screws through the bezzle on the inside I also added stainless steel screws from the outside. No issues so far.

Fatboyz

Observer
Had some time on the weekend to put down vinyl plank on the bed and finish that off. Next job will be the Headboard/footboard cupboards then I can finish the corner trim. Also got a driving light bar installed on the front. It will go onto the big bumper when I build my MOVE bumper this summer. It was family day weekend here so We headed out with one of my Rescue team mates and his family for a little ice climbing.

Attachments

• IMG_2070.JPG
    IMG_2070.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2072.JPG
    IMG_2072.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2077.JPG
    IMG_2077.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2080.JPG
    IMG_2080.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2081.JPG
    IMG_2081.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2082.JPG
    IMG_2082.JPG
    832.3 KB · Views: 70
Hello! Great build! I went through the thread but didn't see any pics/explanation of how you ended up mounting the box. Did you end up going rigid in back and spring in front? I'm in the planning stages of a box build with a pass through and would really love to see how you did yours!

Fatboyz

Observer
Hello! Great build! I went through the thread but didn't see any pics/explanation of how you ended up mounting the box. Did you end up going rigid in back and spring in front? I'm in the planning stages of a box build with a pass through and would really love to see how you did yours!
We actually bolted the front and back with rubber pucks to give some flex. working good so far. We were strapped for space so we don't have a pass through into the cab.

Fatboyz

Observer
Spent my time in isolation. Still really winter here, another 6" yesterday. Working remotely. Things are slow here like everywhere with the current situation. Was able to pick up new front leaf springs, u bolts etc. yesterday. Just backed up to their shop and they loaded everything no touching. Dropped my rig at the heavy duty shop last night. Will be interesting to see how much lift I get with these. The old ones were pretty wore out. I got the Heavy Duty 3 leaf ones that are supposed to give about 2" lift. New Shocks as well. Trying to support the local shops here while things are tight. Hopefully some warmer weather and I can get the Webasto coolant heater installed.

Fatboyz

Observer
Put the truck on level ground and the front is slightly higher. Taking it back over to the shop so they can throw a 1" lift block under the springs in the back. Luckily the U bolts with the new rear springs from last year are plenty long enough.

HAF

Spent my time in isolation. Still really winter here, another 6" yesterday. Working remotely. Things are slow here like everywhere with the current situation. Was able to pick up new front leaf springs, u bolts etc. yesterday. Just backed up to their shop and they loaded everything no touching. Dropped my rig at the heavy duty shop last night. Will be interesting to see how much lift I get with these. The old ones were pretty wore out. I got the Heavy Duty 3 leaf ones that are supposed to give about 2" lift. New Shocks as well. Trying to support the local shops here while things are tight. Hopefully some warmer weather and I can get the Webasto coolant heater installed.
Must be in Minnesota

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles