My 550 build The "Ford Escape"

Fatboyz

Observer
Got a little bit of work done this weekend. This is a busy weekend for our Search And Rescue group as it's the first the long weekend to the summer. So in between a few ATV accidents and a swift water rescue I did get some work done. I changed out the power steering pump and a little bit of wiring. I touched up the sprayfoam from last weekend and trimmed it. I started sheeting the inside but only got two sheets up before another call. It's coming slowly.

Fatboyz

Observer
Things went well today. Nice hot weather. Got some painting done and a window in. Little more sheeting too.

Attachments

• IMG_1254.JPG
    IMG_1254.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 218
  • IMG_1549.JPG
    IMG_1549.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 237
  • IMG_1550.JPG
    IMG_1550.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1551.JPG
    IMG_1551.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1553.JPG
    IMG_1553.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1555.JPG
    IMG_1555.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 211

Fatboyz

Observer
Got the fridge moved in so I could install the door again. Fridge won't go through the door with the frame in. Picked up a few goodies in the city. Got my grey water tank. Figured out my cabinets with all those doors. Going to work perfect. Had my cabinet maker daughter look at them. They're solid maple. If I need to modify 1 or 2 to fit she can knock them apart. shorten then reprofile and refinish them. Some rough math and measuring and I think I can make everything work. Got my Xantrex freedom Charger/Inverter too. it's coming.

Attachments

• IMG_1574.JPG
    IMG_1574.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 123

Fatboyz

Observer
The Mastercard took a hit today. Just ordered my Natures Head toilet! Interior construction is coming together. The cabinet doors were a big savings so the wife shouldn't be too unhappy!

Buffalobwana

Observer
^^^ reminds me of the LandRover in a tree :D

That is from “The Gods Must be Crazy II”

Great movies, 1&2. If you have ever met a true Bushman from the Kalahari, you will see how accurate this movie actually is in depicting their culture.

It’s an late 70’s early 80’s movie, but funny ... in that time periods way.

Fatboyz

Observer
Been making some progress. I have all the interior sheeting done except 1 sheet!. Would have gotten that done but had to respond to another backcountry rescue yesterday afternoon. The exposed foam in the corners is because the box has rounded aluminum extrusions for corners. My cupboards will be notched in the back to accommodate. I have cedar to put over the ceiling sheeting. Nature's head showed up! It was a fairly hot day yesterday and the insulation is doing a good job of keeping it cool inside.

Attachments

• IMG_1583.JPG
    IMG_1583.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1584.JPG
    IMG_1584.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1585.JPG
    IMG_1585.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1588.JPG
    IMG_1588.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1589.JPG
    IMG_1589.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 117

Fatboyz

Observer
It's Canada day long weekend here so It was a very busy 3 days for our rescue team. Finally found some time this afternoon to do some work and keep my sanity!
I got the last piece of 1/4 ply on the ceiling, put a new latch on the outside of the door to hold it open. Also cut the hole for the water heater and installed it. Did some layout for water pump and water tank and lines. Slow but steady. Cabinets next!

Attachments

• IMG_1619.JPG
    IMG_1619.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1620.JPG
    IMG_1620.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 87

Fatboyz

Observer
Starting the cabinets today. Got some pointers from my Cabinet maker daughter, who conveniently couldn't come home this weekend to help! Pics to follow today or tomorrow.

Fatboyz

Observer
I got two cabinet carcasses done. The one wall isn't true so will need to do a little trim work. These two are going to be part of the bed. The one on the right will have the batteries and all the inverter and wiring goodies. Got the fresh water tank mounted and the filler mostly plumbed. (Gabe see the good use of some old 1" tube sling!) Working on the fridge cabinet too but it needs to be assembled inside the box as it won't fit through the door. I'll close in over the water heater and furnace after the fridge is in. Routing in all the wiring and planned out the stainless and copper lines for the propane.

Attachments

• IMG_1633.JPG
    IMG_1633.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1634.JPG
    IMG_1634.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1635.JPG
    IMG_1635.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 88

Fatboyz

Observer
Furnace in, Fridge cabinet done. Doing wiring and starting to run propane lines. Went to the local wrecker and got all the propane fittings, regulator and some new rubber lines repurposed from a wrecked motorhome. Also got a few little goodies like hand hold for the door and new screen door catches. All for 1 dozen fresh donuts. I also scored a set of bucket seats and console and replaced my bench seat yesterday.

Fatboyz

Observer
Had a Rescue practice yesterday so only had one day to work on the truck. Got a lot of wiring done. Relocated the propane tank, and started plumbing the propane. I got the fridge in. Doesn't seem like much but the fridge needs a roof vent, a wall vent, a 12 volt power supply, 110 volt receptacle, and a propane supply. Furnace, hot water heater, fresh water tank and fill, and the shore power are all installed. Hope to have the roof rack and solar panels installed this week. going to finish plumbing propane and the water pump then on to the bathroom.

Attachments

• IMG_1648.JPG
    IMG_1648.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1649.JPG
    IMG_1649.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1650.JPG
    IMG_1650.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1651.JPG
    IMG_1651.JPG