My 2016 frontier build and adventure thread!

trasko

Adventurer
I've been watching your thread since the beginning. I've got an '08 setup similarly. I've got a few questions:

1) do you leave the iKamper on full time? How hard is it to remove? I used to use fiberglass toppers only for many years but I had a way to take them off/on with a hoist in my driveway. Since losing that I've switched to a Softopper which has been fine.

2) what's in the Pelican box on the roof?

3) how are those new headlights? The stock ones are nearly useless compared to modern vehicles. I've never been willing to spend the $$ on such an old vehicle, though. (Mine's got 245k miles).

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
I've been watching your thread since the beginning. I've got an '08 setup similarly. I've got a few questions:

1) do you leave the iKamper on full time? How hard is it to remove? I used to use fiberglass toppers only for many years but I had a way to take them off/on with a hoist in my driveway. Since losing that I've switched to a Softopper which has been fine.

2) what's in the Pelican box on the roof?

3) how are those new headlights? The stock ones are nearly useless compared to modern vehicles. I've never been willing to spend the $$ on such an old vehicle, though. (Mine's got 245k miles).
I typically remove the iKamper when not in use. I’ve got a hoist setup in my garage that makes it super easy to remove and I just back in to park while it’s suspended in the garage.

the box is actually a harbor freight Apache box. Great deal compared to pelican. It’s typically used for my traction boards and smaller odds and ends.

The light output is not much different from stock in my opinion but it is much more focused so I’m looking at some ditch lights in the future. But I’m pretty happy And want to upgrade to LEDs soon which I think will make a difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier