My 2001 Pathfinder (R50 ) mild/budget build

stioc

Expedition Leader
Thanks W!lbs and congrats on your purchase, I haven't checked the used market in a while but that's a great price. Good luck with your build.

A quick hot-off-press update on mine...finally built the upper skid-plate today. It didn't come with one from the factory - the OEM bumper came down low enough that you could never see the exposed radiator etc. I did it mainly to protect the radiator, transmission line etc from errant rocks but it also looks more finished.

IMG_20170603_164112-1209x1612_zpsbyeqkwrk.jpg

IMG_20170603_1640402-836x945_zpsfeaufnsp.jpg

IMG_20170603_1641022-1072x1247_zpsagcrd9to.jpg

stioc

Expedition Leader
A quick trip to the mountains with a local offroad group. A couple of people asked me what kind of truck it was, I guess it's been hacked at enough that it's unrecognizable to most lol

IMG_20170610_124120_zpsey86lssq.jpg

FullSizeR_02-1200x1073_zpsshjfszms.jpg

IMG_0251_zpsdfee8hrl.jpg

stioc

Expedition Leader
Haha! yeah I haven't been around here much; nothing major to report Pathy wise...haven't done too many offroading trips either. Oh the valve cover is leaking oil but I'm not looking forward to fixing it due to the work involved lol

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Haha! yeah I haven't been around here much; nothing major to report Pathy wise...haven't done too many offroading trips either. Oh the valve cover is leaking oil but I'm not looking forward to fixing it due to the work involved lol

Yeah my xterra is slowly dying a rusty death.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
That's a bummer but such is the fate of most cars in the rust belt...post up pics etc of whatever you replace the X with.

I am going to keep it for another year. But I might go back to a car...so torn. Second gen X is on the list as well.

stioc

Expedition Leader
you should fix that immediately

Oh man, I'm not getting notifications on this thread so after 8 months or so I decided to pop in here to see if my thread's even alive and I see your msg above. I'm definitely down for some trips so hit me up if you have anything planned! It just seems most of our SoCal group members I used to go exploring with have faded away.

RainGoat

you should fix that immediately

Oh man, I'm not getting notifications on this thread so after 8 months or so I decided to pop in here to see if my thread's even alive and I see your msg above. I'm definitely down for some trips so hit me up if you have anything planned! It just seems most of our SoCal group members I used to go exploring with have faded away.

Glad to see you’re back. For what it’s worth, it was reading your build that inspired me to finally build out my ‘02 that I’ve had since day one.

ih8philly

Adventurer
I think I am one of the people that faded away, but only because I moved out of state. I miss these trips and enjoy keeping up on what you are doing with the Pathfinder.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Glad to see you’re back. For what it’s worth, it was reading your build that inspired me to finally build out my ‘02 that I’ve had since day one.
Thanks man, always glad to hear others were able to get some practical use out of my 4yrs+ of blabbering here lol

I think I am one of the people that faded away, but only because I moved out of state. I miss these trips and enjoy keeping up on what you are doing with the Pathfinder.

Yep, you moved back east (?) hope you still have the 2dr Rubi. Nathan's has been without a 4x4, a couple of others I've lost touch with. Hoping to do some trips soon once the weather cools down a bit.

ih8philly

Adventurer
Yep, you moved back east (?) hope you still have the 2dr Rubi. Nathan's has been without a 4x4, a couple of others I've lost touch with. Hoping to do some trips soon once the weather cools down a bit.
Still got it, although the offroading in NC is so much more limited than it is in CA, it pretty much just hangs out in the garage now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles