My 1968 Apache/ 2015 adventure trailer

jatibb

Adventurer
bonomonster, try and find an aluminum boat trailer used. sometimes you can find them cheap. thay are light, bolt together and typically have the wheels set back farther than a landscape trailer, like a popup, and are built to haul things that are heavier than the trailer looks like it could handle

bonomonster

Adventurer
bonomonster, try and find an aluminum boat trailer used. sometimes you can find them cheap. thay are light, bolt together and typically have the wheels set back farther than a landscape trailer, like a popup, and are built to haul things that are heavier than the trailer looks like it could handle
Great idea... Most up here in the Northeast are galvanized too. I think that would help tremendously with rust.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Gootjr

Observer
Updates

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 97

Gootjr

Observer
Thanks, it's coming along. What's the absolute necessary things to ad to the trailer ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 59

Gootjr

Observer
Thanks, the water is is going in today and a bottle opener is a great idea !! What is a reasonable amount of water ?

MountainD

Adventurer
It depends on how long you are camping, and how many bodies you are taking with you. I say bodies as I have two dogs and they typically go through about 1.5 gallons per day. For people and cookinig/clean up, we figure on 3-4 gallons per day. So, without showering, I typically take 5 gallons per 24 hour period for 2 people and 2 dogs. I have gone 3 days with 10 gallons, but we conserved a bit, so that is just rough guidelines that I follow. Since most of our trips are 2-4 days, I am set up with 15 gallons which is about 100lbs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior