My 07 JKU dual sport build.

Rockcrawlintoy

I ended up getting an 07 JKU a few years ago with the intention of building a wheeler out of it. My attitude has changed a bit and want to be able to drive it to work, on trips and do the Rubicon trail if I wanted.
Here it is when I got it. It was 100% stock with 100k on it.
10155597_10200540843679484_2444797615190134105_n.jpg
First thing I did was put some frame mounted sliders on it. I ended up with the Poison Spyder rocker knockers.
kc5FPZr.jpg.

I was used to dual ultimate cases from Marlin Crawler on my one truck (223:1 is hard to give up) so I got a 4:1 t case from a rubicon. I still need to install it.
IMG_0384.jpg
I also knew the JK front axles are not up to snuff. They have a weak housing and inner knuckles and the HP Dana 30 I have may not like life with the planned 37 inch tires. So I splurged and got a Pro rock 44 from Dynatrac. I also stuffed it with 4.88 gears and an ARB.
chKJRdi.jpg
Ill post more in a bit.

Last edited:

Rockcrawlintoy

I had been breaking in the gears with the small tires until last weekend when I picked up some 37 inch cooper STT pros and some 17 inch wheels from discount tire.
dayNCu0.jpg
tIVvfql.jpg
yTI6DlI.jpg

Rockcrawlintoy

I need to get out and flex it out and see how much I need to trim until I can get fenders. Phase one is complete.
Phase 2 will include fenders, rear bumper, hydro assist an some interior mods that will promote better storage for camping and exploring with my wife and kiddo.

Toy_yota

Weak! Jk bud. Looks great. I can't wait until we can actually plan a trip to do some exploring and camping.

Rockcrawlintoy

Been a while since I posted on here. Jeeps been doing well and I have been able to get out with it a lot. It did a trip down to Johnson Valley to watch King of the Hammers, a bunch of local wheelin trips and a snow trip down to California.
5c6cXim.jpg

NaGQE8W.jpg

YESuGCv.jpg

J0L6hVR.jpg

Ks6KGRN.jpg

I also made a nice swing out onto my rear bumper. Just need to add a rotopax mount and the new license plate holder.
ShHop9r.jpg

2XyhO04.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior