My '05 Unlimited

SquareLJ

Observer
Kinda bored, so I thought I'd show off my money pit. Like every body else out there with a passion for their vehicle, it's far from done.

Drive train:
4.0L 6cyl
42RLE Trans
NP231 transfer case with Novak Cable shifter
D30 up front, open diff, 3.73 gears
D44 out back, LSD and 3.73 also
(basically, all stock^^^)

Suspension:
Currie control arms all around (though, I haven't installed the front uppers just yet)
Currie Currectlync steering
Currie front trackbar
Currie AntiRock front and rear (Though, the rear should have come with a warning that they need a certain amount of backspacing to clear the tires. Which, I apparently do not posses)
3" Teraflex springs (Never should have bought them. They can not support the weight of the LJ even though they were advertised to)
Rancho RS9000XL shocks
1.25" JKS BL
1" JKS MML
33x12.5R15 KM2's
Random black steel wheels that I haven't the slightest clue or care of what kind/brand they are

Armor:
Rokman Mercenary front bumper with winch guard and light tabs
LoD Signature Series tire carrier with rack and fuel can holder things
Rokman Mercenary rock sliders
Rock Hard 4x4 Sport cage (I think that's what it was/is called)

Recovery:
Warn 9.5ti
HiLift with some random attachments

Misc.:
Cobra 29LTD Bluetooth CB w/ 4' Firestick antennae (The Bluetooth doesn't really seem to work that well honestly)
RAM mounts for my GPS and iPhone
BedRug front TJ carpet
TreadLightly floor mats
GenRight hood vents
Safari Snorkel
and a bunch of KC slimlites
I'm sure I'm missing something... Just ask.

And for every bodies favorite thing to look for on a forum; pictures!

My Jeep had a mild stroke the other week and cause half the gauges to stop working:

Oh, and I made one of these things. Though, having never worked with wood before and having not taken a single measurement...I think I'll just fork over the money for the nicer Trailgater from Outback Adventure Products.

OK, I'm posting too many random pictures, if you have any questions, just ask. I love talking about Jeeps and could do it for days...sadly...

Septu

Explorer
Kinda bored, so I thought I'd show off my money pit. Like every body else out there with a passion for their vehicle, it's far from done.

OK, I'm posting too many random pictures, if you have any questions, just ask. I love talking about Jeeps and could do it for days...sadly...

No such thing! Nice looking jeep.

NOMADIC_LJ

Explorer
Noticed you had a LOD rear bumper. Exact same one I was thinking about getting for my LJ. Please share your thoughts on it.

SquareLJ

Observer
Thanks for the compliments.

Noticed you had a LOD rear bumper. Exact same one I was thinking about getting for my LJ. Please share your thoughts on it.

It's a good bumper, just realize that it isn't 100% perfect. My only complaints are that; it didn't come with instructions, two bolt holes didn't line up which required me to re-dill the hole, and there is a piece of metal that is meant to stop the tire carrier from opening too far. That little piece of metal has broken from everyday use. Now, with that said, I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Nice work and some nice additions to your LJ. Have you noticed any weird handling issues when the gas tanks are filled? Are they noticeable?

The table looks great. I have plans for one someday.

Jack

SquareLJ

Observer
Nice work and some nice additions to your LJ. Have you noticed any weird handling issues when the gas tanks are filled? Are they noticeable?

The table looks great. I have plans for one someday.

Jack

Well, nothing weird. Let me put it this way; if you can tell a difference of when your Jeep's normal gas tank is empty and full, then you'll notice having a little extra weight out back. It's nothing bad/weird about the way it handles.

I don't keep fuel in them for daily usage. Just too many shady people in the world today for that.

wgyouree

KK6LZW
What mounts are those for your phone and GPS and how did you mount them? I'm struggling to find good locations for mine and that's the best setup I've seen :)

Silvanus

Observer
Well Done!

With those hefty tyres, will there be an R & P and fuel tank upgrade?
I like the tread lightly mats and sport cage cab bars!
that pair has made it to my list!

SquareLJ

Observer
What mounts are those for your phone and GPS and how did you mount them? I'm struggling to find good locations for mine and that's the best setup I've seen :)

They are RAM Mounts. http://www.rammount.com/Products/tabid/61/Default.aspx

Well Done!

With those hefty tyres, will there be an R & P and fuel tank upgrade?
I like the tread lightly mats and sport cage cab bars!
that pair has made it to my list!

Eventually I'll be doing either 4.88 or 5.13 gears. I may also do GenRight's 31 gallon extended gas tank.

Good looking LJ. Your mods work together nicely.

sent from my dumb phone

Thank you!

wgyouree

KK6LZW
Hey thanks for the info, can't believe I'd never heard of RAM mounts before. That site is amazing, you can get any combo of mounts/holders for anything!

I'm also planning on a GenRight 31 gallon tank in the future. Supposedly with the body lift you can fit a raised crossmember to replace the one you have to cut out to fit the tank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles