My 02 Avalanche NFE

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
Thanks for the compliment on my rig. I have not posted in here because - well - I destroyed it in October in a really bad accident. I picked up another 02 Avalanche (except it's a Z71 and White) and am currently in the process of building it using all of the stuff from my black one.

I hate to hear that. Hope everyone is alright. Stuff can be replaced fortunately!

I'd love to see pictures and progress on the new build. I always like to see what you would do the same and what you would change!

Stryder106

Explorer
I hate to hear that. Hope everyone is alright. Stuff can be replaced fortunately!

I'd love to see pictures and progress on the new build. I always like to see what you would do the same and what you would change!

Actually - and surprisingly - I'm not planning to change much as I had my Av pretty dialed in. The things that I know I will change is get my snorkel closer to the A pillar this time and go ahead and run a bot longer connection to the air box. I am also considering adding in either a half bed slide or drawer system on the drivers half of the bed to make things more convenient to get out of the truck. As it was, I used Wolf Packs and would pull them out as needed - but it seems the one I needed was always the furthest one in. Other than - no real changes planned.

I'm also considering a pressurized water system amongst a few other things that are more for convenience and moving some weight forward. The new one will be just as much of a fatty as the old one.

Last edited:

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Thanks for the compliment on my rig. I have not posted in here because - well - I destroyed it in October in a really bad accident. I picked up another 02 Avalanche (except it's a Z71 and White) and am currently in the process of building it using all of the stuff from my black one.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Pretty appropriate that you got a North Face Avi. Can't wait to see how that beast turns out!

Stryder106

Explorer
I'm retarded, you had an NFE and got a Z71...
hahaha - yup. No worries. I'm putting all of my stuff in it - including my interior so - it'll be essentially a North Face. A hell of a lot more NFE than the idiot who tried to sell me an NFE that was clearly a base model with NFE seats in it.

Stryder106

Explorer
Oh man that's one of my favorite rigs on the full sized thread!..... how did your bumpers fair, damage protector or damage inhibiter? Was the lack of sway bar in the rear part of the cause?

Thank you for the compliment - it really means a lot. I had replaced the rear sway bar so not a cause. The cause was - I was on the freeway and changing lanes when the dude in bro dozer 12" lifted F-250 in front of me slammed on his brakes and I had nowhere to go. 8000lbs at 45mph does a lot of bad things. The bumper did what it was designed to do - absorb impact into the vehicle and away from me. The front crunched, the frame pretzeled at the firewall and the roof caved - BUT - my steel sliders welded into the frame under the cabin kept that completely intact and in shape where I was. So, between that and the Scheelmann seats - I didn't even get sore. In fact, the paramedics did not believe me at first when I told them I was the one driving the Avalanche.

Now - I'm building her twin - just white and reusing pretty much everything from my old one - including all of the front end components (except the bumper). I've rebuilt my winch, welder, air compressor, and alternator. All suspension, diffs, control arms, trans, drive shafts - all of it will be going into the new Av.

mekcanix

Camper
Wow glad to hear your ok.
This Avalanche and CrazyDrei Sub are 2 of my favorite builds in here. I come back to expo daily to read " My Journey" read about the sub and see what you have done to the av. So please keep up the awesome work its inspiring. The article was amazing as well

Stryder106

Explorer
Wow glad to hear your ok.
This Avalanche and CrazyDrei Sub are 2 of my favorite builds in here. I come back to expo daily to read " My Journey" read about the sub and see what you have done to the av. So please keep up the awesome work its inspiring. The article was amazing as well
Well thanks. I guess I should actually post more on my thread.

rho

Lost again
Really cool seeing the article on the Mojave! Really curious if you have any off line .gpx files for any of that...
Anyways, sorry to hear about the old truck giving it up, but it did its job keeping ya safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles