Mushroom Encounter while Camping

Mushroom hunting in general: Go pick with someone who "knows what they're doing" watch them pick the shrooms, watch them eat said shrooms, come back and check on them in three days if they're still alive consider eating those puppies yourself.

sunnybean

Observer
We ran into a few this past weekend...

Attachments

• ABF2D4C9-2D2B-40C4-B427-973A4818003F.jpeg
    ABF2D4C9-2D2B-40C4-B427-973A4818003F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 23

robert

Expedition Leader
All mushrooms are edible but some only once. I joined the Colorado Mycological society years ago and learned the proper identification techniques. I enjoy foraging wild edible mushrooms every summer.

My botany professor used to say that. He was really interested in wild edibles of all types and he had no problems at all in discussing psilocybins. He was perfectly willing to show us how to identify them and would identify anything you brought to his office.

Last edited:

Freebird

Adventurer
A lady who was an expert on Michigan mushrooms nearly killed her whole family after they moved to Arizona (1960s- I knew them well at the time).
All were hospitalized, but eventually recovered, after she used some AZ mushrooms in her spaghetti sauce. The mushrooms looked EXACTLY like the ones she harvested and cooked with in back in Michigan.
Local knowledge matters.... !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles