Multi-tool with wine opener/corkscrew

slvyj

Observer
Can anyone recommend a multi-tool with a wine/corkscrew? I have a trusty Leatherman I've owned since the 90's but doesn't have wine opener. Any experiance with the Leatherman Juice? I'm currently in Europe and one to many times arrive at a campsite with a bottle of local wine and realize forgot to pack a wine opener. i have since stashed wine openers in my Jeep and kitchen box but want something I can carry on myself.

RAFoutdoors

Retired Explorer
Look at the Victorinox Swiss Army SwissTool Spirit Plus.
There is a YouTube video featuring cool gadgets from Amazon

hoser

Explorer
I have the Leatherman Juice C2 and recommend it. Has just the right amount of tools without all the bulkiness and so fits comfortably in your pocket. Corkscrew works fine. I'm always afraid I might chip the bottle with the portion circled below.... but it has never happened.

rsz_1615ngdiau-l__sl1500_.jpg

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
I agree with all the suggestions. I personally use a Victornox. But, my question is what can be carried when traveling on an airline with only carry-on? (Entrepreneur million dollar idea) First, let me state that I fully understand and totally agree with current security requirements and do not suggest anything other then following the law/rules. Yet, when we travel we always find ourselves some place cool and beautiful and a nice grape drink would be lovely and romantic, but I have to resort to a nice screwcap bottle (or box......I didn't say that out loud did I?). What a great EDC invention/addition. I'll help go fund it!.......love this stuff. Cheers!

Last edited:

Smileyshaun

Observer
forgot the wine opener once and tried a hack I saw where you put the bottle inside a shoe and ********** it against a hard surface , took about 10 wacks but it pushed the cork out to the point where I could pull it out by hand .

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
forgot the wine opener once and tried a hack I saw where you put the bottle inside a shoe and ********** it against a hard surface , took about 10 wacks but it pushed the cork out to the point where I could pull it out by hand .

You romantic devil you.....!

cody c

Gerber made a tool called the crucial, they had a few different variations of it but one had the corkscrew. Every once in a while one comes up on ebay.

I have a couple of these tools. They are about perfect for me, as they are a decent multi-tool, they are cheap, and they have the corkscrew, and actually they can be found cheaply but seldomly.

Nice to have a high quality expensive multitool when its needed. Nice to have a cheap multitool when it falls out of your pocket to the bottom of the lake, or out of your pocket while getting in your vehicle in the parking lot and not notice it. Try and find the middle ground, to me this is an ideal compromise. Buy 2 or 3.

Attachments

• crucial.JPG
    crucial.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 13

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior