Mud Guards/Flaps for 2.5 w/sideboard removal?

Ravenix

So I've been restoring a 2000 Montero for the last year. One of the first mods I did was the sideboard removal.... which also deleted the rigid mud guards. The look is awesome, and I don't regret it for a minute..... however; I am getting a lot of debris flipping up on the rear door and sides of the rig.

Anyone install some soft rubber mud flaps that are fitted for this application? Does Jaos or another company make a stock replacement? Cheers!!

Alcan Hwy Montero.jpg

J!m

Just throwing this out there-

I see TONS of flaps for Subaru “rally” poseurs on eBay. I bet a set of those could be made to work for short money.

Choice of colors too...

Ravenix

Well, they have been trashed and left behind in Salt Lake City..... however, beyond that the hard plastic mud guards look really out of place with out the running boards.

I'm surprised no-one's installed some type of rubber flaps though considering most folks on this forum delete the running boards as soon as they purchase their rig.... guess I'll be the guinea pig for this little project.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Well, they have been trashed and left behind in Salt Lake City..... however, beyond that the hard plastic mud guards look really out of place with out the running boards.

I'm surprised no-one's installed some type of rubber flaps though considering most folks on this forum delete the running boards as soon as they purchase their rig.... guess I'll be the guinea pig for this little project.

When are you coming back to the valley? I think I have an extra pair in the shed.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
The difficult aspect of mud flaps in a vehicle used off road is that they become very susceptible to getting pinched between a tire and the terrain while reversing and being simply torn off.

Keeping a set high and tight might split the difference between effectiveness and a fair outlook for longevity but it sure sucks to see your nice $80 set of rally flaps get trashed..

Try closer to $400 for the Jaos flaps, pretty crazy.

nckwltn

Explorer
I put a set of gen 2 flaps on my 99. They fit well enough. But aren't an exact fit due to the fender differences.

Found them at the junk yard on an early 90s LS.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

nckwltn

Explorer
Snapped a few photos.

The wheels stick out an inch past the outside of the flap.... 33x10s

bfa269a94895152c82c36747e7821f81.jpg
df67d7da56be94423dc931cfa6fcb589.jpg
c9c6ce5c76a12be9583b248355bd0a8d.jpg
4822b8325f1d39ba0ed0c9e7156da9e5.jpg

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

MrGalantguy

Mitsubishi Loyalist
I have a set of Gen 2 oem mudflaps I pulled off a 97 and currently have the set for sale on my business page but debating if I should install them.

Ravenix

I have a set of Gen 2 oem mudflaps I pulled off a 97 and currently have the set for sale on my business page but debating if I should install them.

I'd be interested in taking them off your hand if you don't install them. Can you link me to your site if they are available?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles