RRO super sliders
Warrior Rear swap bar discos
Tundra 231mm calipers w/ OEM Tundra rotors
Roger Brown 1.5" BL
1" Roger Brown diff drop
ARB front bumper
WARN 9000 winch
custom rear bumper w/ tire swingout
ARB air compressor (with intake plumbed into snorkel)
ARB rear locker
IPF lights
extended rear diff breather (gas cap)
extended front diff breather (plumbed into snorkel)
BudBuilt Front and Belly skids
Yakima Load bars

Custom Cargo management area with dual slides (fridge and toolbox)
Garmin 60CX handheld GPS with RAM basket hard mounted
Batteries relocated behind front seats - National Luna Dual Battery system w/ remote display
Cabelas marine battery boxes
Group 60 Die Hard Platinum Batteries (2)
Rockford Fosgate 550.A2 amplifier
Kenwood in dash DVD player
Kenwood speakers
Yaesu 8800R 2m/70cm dual band radio w/ detached face
Coleman 6000W power inverter
Edgestar 60QT Fridge
Scan Guage II
Cobra CB (on the chopping block)

Future stuff:
Vision X Xmitter 4" beams (4) Flood (Sitting in my office)
Vision X Reflex 9" beams (1) Spot (sitting in my office)
Vision X Solstice 6 light fixture
Lil Skip Off Road Gas Tank Skid

Current Pic (courtesy of Ash):

Ledge.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
I threw a few pics up... shows some of the trucks hang outs!

I will go through and take some more detailed pics of my modifications.

I'll post them up when I get bored / time when I should be working. :ylsmoke:

3rd gen 4Runners are getting easier to modify now... and there are lots of ways you can go wrong... just ask me... I think I have made every mistake during this build... I always have to learn the hard way!

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
I can't believe it's taken this long to get a truck thread going...it's about time.

Rear axle torn down and rebuilt by Baertrax. ARB rear locker and big ARB compressor installed.

Nice addition. So, how was it dealing with Baertrax? I'm curious, as I'll likely have the same thing done this Spring and I'm looking for a new place now that Expert Off-Road is no longer around.

SilverBullet

Explorer
More pics of the back bumper and it's build please. I am doing that soon (hopefully) and am looking for as much inpout and ideas as possible. Great truck by the way.

I would love to see your storage boxes too, I built mine and already am improving them.

More pics of the back bumper and it's build please. I am doing that soon (hopefully) and am looking for as much inpout and ideas as possible. Great truck by the way.

I would love to see your storage boxes too, I built mine and already am improving them.

It is definitely a nice bumper....
10941_544863163311_62002887_31981129_6722950_n.jpg

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
I can't believe it's taken this long to get a truck thread going...it's about time.

Nice addition. So, how was it dealing with Baertrax? I'm curious, as I'll likely have the same thing done this Spring and I'm looking for a new place now that Expert Off-Road is no longer around.

Yeah... you guys have all been bugging me for a while! :) All in due time!

Russ at Baertrax is easy to deal with and meticulous with his work... a true craftsman. I plan in going back to him when I re-gear.

I'll put up more details as I go... The things that immediately come to mind when I think of what I have done wrong are A) I did not have a clear plan of action going into the build. B) I made the truck more capable then I need it to be, at the expense of fuel economy.

I should have started with the gears and the locker. If I had those from the beginning, I likely would not have built this truck as much as I have, and spent more on trips. The difference is night and day. I built this truck based on things I saw that looked neat, cool, or useful, instead of planning a truck for where I want to go.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire

I'll try to get some pics up soon of the bumper and the storage box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles