Was your friend using the Mr Heater Buddy?
Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
Nope. Something that is supposed to be even more reliable, a 3 year old furnace in their house.
I mentioned it because carbon monoxide is carbon monoxide. Buddy Heaters also produce carbon monoxide. Tents and campers & truck caps are a LOT less square feet, so bad things can happen a lot faster. We have a brand new big buddy heater. Used it once, in a tent and it made us sick even before we went to sleep.
A super quiet generator at idle 50' from your sleeping area is about 10,000x less likely to cause a carbon monoxide issue than a propane heater in the sleeping area. Safety, pure and simple, is why I shared that.
To each their own. If it works for you, go for it. Which is why I also said YMMV.