MPT question for Ford owners

boblynch

Adventurer
Do we have any ExPo members running the MPT81s on an Earthroamer or other Ford 450/550? I'm considering MPT81 singles for my F550 4x4. I need to determine sizes for underbody storage boxes and have a few questions.

With the MPTs what is the outside track of the rear wheels?

How much clearance should I allow between the rear wheels and underbody boxes?

From the pics I've found (see attached) it would appear that the tolerances can be pretty close.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ER MPT rear wheel clearance.jpg

ER MPT side view.jpg

brush-truck.jpg

brush truck rear wheel.jpg

Ok... Who made that ultra sweet fire rig? That's a heck of a brush truck right there! Looks like it would be a practical rig without the fire stuff also.

dzzz

I'm getting a quote from stazworks. He's doing both beaded and non-beaded in the quote.

I also have somewhere an Indiana offroad fire truck maker who sells the wheels they make for F550 (20x11). Unrated, but I was told they have had no problems.

I'll report back on these items.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Ok... Who made that ultra sweet fire rig? That's a heck of a brush truck right there! Looks like it would be a practical rig without the fire stuff also.
Agreed the FF in me LOVES it, but it would be just as sweet w/o all the Kit and just the storage boxes. That is one of the best laid-out/designed Brush rigs I've ever seen...

Cheers

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles