Moving front axle forward

Sky6

Anybody know if there are any A-arm kits for the 2000-2004 Tahoe/half ton Silverado/Suburban (and GM equivalents) that lengthen the wheelbase 1 to 1.5"?

33's, leveling and 2" lift they just touch at lock but want to run 35" or 33" with quality tire chains.Left Front.jpg285_75R16 Nokian Hakkapellita KT3.jpg

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I’m not aware of any specific A-arm kits to do that, it feels like the steering and suspension geometry would get complicated.

You may have already considered (but did not say) pushing the tires out instead of forward. That could be easily accomplished with a change of wheels or even with spacers. I don’t suggest that anyone open the “spacers are fine” vs “you’re gonna kill everyone in North America” argument here. It can be read in other threads.

CharlieNorth

What you are asking for would require custom fabrication to achieve. Decades back I have seen tubular control arms for a variety of vehicles but I truly expect there is nothing on the market now, nor would there be to do specifically what you want. The arms I have seen were to provide for longer travel. You would be best served to to get your needed clearance in different ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94