Mounting Valtera water tank

Brianj5600

I have a 21 gallon tank, 42"x8"x18". It will be mounted transverse about 20" in front of the axle. This should help keep weight distribution from changing drastically from full to empty. I have a 48"x11" footprint for the tank.

What should I use to protect it from wearing the plastic tank from the floor? What about securing it in place? Any experience, opinions or pictures would be appreciated

Alloy

Last tank I did had 2" Formluar 250 XPS foam all around it and a steel/aluminum box on the outside of the foam.....
......tank before that had 1/8" x 2" hat shaped stainless straps holing it in place with 1/4" x 2" wide neoprene strip between the tank and anything that might contact it
......tank before that had a flat 1/4" aluminum plate on the bottom with 4 - 3/8" stainless redi-rod runing up to the frame. The top and bottom of the tank had 1/4" neoprene and each redi rod had 1/2" PVC pipe (sides of the tank expand with water) over it.
......tank before that dropped into a 3/16:" aluminum box with 1/8" rubber on the bottom/sides. The alum. box was then bolted in.

Last tank I did had 2" Formluar 250 XPS foam all around it and a steel/aluminum box on the outside of the foam.....
......tank before that had 1/8" x 2" hat shaped stainless straps holing it in place with 1/4" x 2" wide neoprene strip between the tank and anything that might contact it
......tank before that had a flat 1/4" aluminum plate on the bottom with 4 - 3/8" stainless redi-rod runing up to the frame. The top and bottom of the tank had 1/4" neoprene and each redi rod had 1/2" PVC pipe (sides of the tank expand with water) over it.
......tank before that dropped into a 3/16:" aluminum box with 1/8" rubber on the bottom/sides. The alum. box was then bolted in.

Pros and cons of each?

Brianj5600

I'm finally getting back to work on my trailer and got the tank mounted. I plan to glue the padding to the tank to keep dust from getting under the padding and make sure it doesn't shift. There will be a stop on the floor on each side to to keep it from moving side to side. I'll be starting a build thread soon with a little more detail.

tlr_water_tnk.jpg

tlr_water_tnk2.jpg

tlr_Jp_pad.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94