Mounting of the face for the Ham Radio

Reata Rover

Adventurer
I am looking at the Yaesu 7800 and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for mounting the face? I was thinking of the overhead console where most Discos have the sunroof buttons. Mine is a 2004 Discovery S.

Let the pictures fly.

KG6BWS

Explorer
ill get some pictures later on. i mounted mine under the stereo in the dash. main body is under my seat. i dont have a disco but it might help generate some ideas.

Reata Rover

Adventurer
I appreciate it and will look forward to your pics once they are up. I hope to get my license in February. Do you know anything about the call signs and how to get a custom one?

gary in ohio

Explorer
I appreciate it and will look forward to your pics once they are up. I hope to get my license in February. Do you know anything about the call signs and how to get a custom one?

Once your get your license you will be assigned a callsign from your call area. Texas is in area 5. Right now it looks like you will be issued KD5Rxx or KD5Sxx
license where xx is the next successive letters. Once you have your callsign you can apply for a vanity callsign. Note, unlike license plates you dont choose your callsign, You pick from a pool of available callsigns. Here is some info on what your callsign limits are. http://www.arrl.org/arrlvec/vanity.html

Blender

Adventurer
It's not in a Disco, but i whipped up a quick bracket to mount it in a sunglass holder recess.
yaesu-7800r-mount-4889.jpg

KG6BWS

Explorer

i apologize, i completely forgot about the pics. ill make sure to get them in the morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles