Mounting ARB awning to Yakima OffGrid rack

MiamiC70

Hi Guys,

I want to see if I can get some ideas on mounting ARB 2000mm x 2500mm awning to Yakima OffGrid rack w/ extension on my 2019 Subaru Outback Limited using OEM crossbars or maybe someone has already done this.
This issue is that Yakima OffGrid is not too common so had no place local to actually see and touch one. I like most of the online sites and even Yakima's own customer service incorrectly assumed the top posts were regular 1.0" round tubes like every other Yakima. However, we were wrong Yakima made the OffGrid top tubes have three flat sides to it ends up being a weird trapezoid shape. I am trying to mount an ARB awning and was wondering what best way to do it is as I am using the OEM crossbars and for two reason rather keep it that way.

1. Yakima Skyline towers only allow me to use first two of Subaru's 3 positions for crossbars limiting me top a 30" spread (bone head move Yakima) vs. 39" using first and third position
2. Adding Yakima Skyline towers would increase the height of the rack too far from my roofline.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• top post.jpg
    top post.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94