Mounting ARB 2500 to 4 door JK (and 2 doors)- looking for examples

Blue Baby Sound

A guy with a Jeep
We're adding an ARB 2500 and room to our '14 JKUR and would like to see how others have mounted their awnings. We also have a 2 door and may swap it back and forth.
I'm hoping there are some creative mounts that don't involve a rack.

Thanks in advance!

jeepers29

Hey BBS, We have one but have it attached to our nebo rack. I would think you could install it on a Thule rain gutter type rack with some u clamps and the ARB brackets that they sell. As far as going from one jeep to the other, check out Ironman 4x4 and they quick connect awning brackets. Buy a full set up and and extra 1/2 set and going from one to the other will take just a few seconds.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy and not on the forum much lately. I have a 2500 awning on my JKU and I'm using the Ironman 4x4 quick disconnect mounts. It's mounted to my Ursa minor top so that won't help you but I thought I'd add some info. I like the ironman awning brackets but they do rattle a bit. For my situation they are a necessity though so they aren't going anywhere. There's a little overhang front and rear but that doesn't really bother me and with the quick disconnects I can keep it stored when I'm not camping. I also just received another set of brackets so I can swap which side of the Jeep its mounted to based on a camp sight and where the sun is. I attached a few pics of the mount, the awning and my new awning room for some reference.
2020-04-06_19-36-11_604.jpegIMG_1039.JPGIMG_1285.JPGIMG_1048.JPGIMG_0373.JPGIMG_0376.JPG

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
Here's a couple more pics of it deployed, and a couple showing front and rear overhang. I've had to dig to find pics of the awning without the family in them! Sorry if they're not the greatest angles.
IMG_2904.JPGIMG_1259.JPGIMG_1260.JPGIMG_2836.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles