Mounting a Fiamma F35 Pro to a flat surface?

Rando

Explorer
Has anyone mounted a fiamma F35 (or F45 for that matter) to a flat vertical surface? I have a 2.2m F35 wich I am planning on attaching to a vertical aluminium surface on my new Land Cruiser camper project (I need to make a thread on this at some point!), and am waffling between attaching a standard awning rail with rivets (~12 Stainless rivets), and sliding the awning into this, or just drilling holes through the back of the awning casing and bolting it to the surface with half a dozen M10 bolts. Any thoughts?

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I have the F45 and hate it. Fragile, flimsy POS. My advise is to sell it on Craigslist not here. If you have a heart and do not want to share the misery of owning the flimsy plastic crap then yes thru bolt it. Just make sure your mounting surface is flat across. It can be at a severe angle to the ground but must be flat. Make sure you mount it so it can be removed because you will be removing it to work on it and use locking hardware because the road/wind vibration will work on the mouning hardware constantly.

craig333

Expedition Leader
I mounted mine by bolting it straight through the back. Works great. Doesn't seem flimsy to me at all but its not had much use yet. We'll see this summer.

Rando

Explorer
Thanks for the replies! I took the middle road - an awning rail riveted to the side of the camper with 16 stainless rivets, and I will add 3 M8 bolts drilled through the back of the casing to stop it sliding in the rail and as secondary securement. The rail is great in that is makes install/removal a one person job, just slide it in and then take your time with the bolts. I will likely remove the awning on occasion when I know I don't need it or for cleaning/repair.

zidaro

Explorer
I flat mounted my F35, been working great for a couple years. Thought it felt fragile at first, but keeps on taking it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles