Motorcycle Towing Trailers, Please Advise

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Need to build a trailer for camping and need your input, Usually what pops to mind is a trailer hauling a bike, but to be clear, the bike tows the trailer.

The bike is a Virago 750 or a 1600 Kawasaki Classic, neither a real ADV bike for serious dirt work but they can go off road.

Need to build, it's much cheaper than buying. I'd like it to be about 74 or 76 inches long but the width is the question, how wide 2 or 3 feet? Too long? Please advise because it can unfold or slide out.

I've looked at hundreds of bike trailers, from large teardrops to single wheel buckets, nothing to really grasp an idea for a tent trailer for 2 and a dog. (The trailer hauls the dog)

Set up I'm wanting a 5x6 or 6x7 tent, 12v battery, small flexible solar rig, small propane stove, ice chest, probably a 2 to 3 hundred pound load depending on the tow bike.

I'm thinking 8 or 12 inch wheels.......other question is how long the tongue should be, any ideas?

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Thanks Krick, good looking trailer and a pretty good price, but I'd have several questions about the quality even if it does look shinny.

Those overall dimensions don't tell the full story, like tongue length and the width has probably a foot of tires and fenders.

I'm not trying to copy anyone"s design really; They are just boxes on wheels

I've ridden for over 50 years but never pulled a trailer, I may need to go another route if that 750 isn't big enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online