Motorcycle carrier on FRONT of truck?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Just take everything!
twy_7.jpg

But really, would a rack over the box work to carry the kayak and then have the dirt bike underneath? Or a rack on the cab for the kayak?

4ec75528aea8453da12a67350ad28b3e.jpg

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Just take everything!
View attachment 697089

But really, would a rack over the box work to carry the kayak and then have the dirt bike underneath? Or a rack on the cab for the kayak?

View attachment 697090

An inflatable kayak (which the wife has already gone to) would be even easier still.

Plus, kayaking is really something my wife is really into (and fishing as well.) I only kayak to be with her.

She loves to fish, too, but I find fishing to be about as interesting as watching paint dry.

What I'm hoping to be able to do is send her off to fish and then I'll go for a ride on my motorcycle.

Thunderkat1

We actually already have Ebikes. We got the Lectric folding models.

However, an Ebike and a motorcycle are not comparable, not really. We rarely put more than 3 - 4 miles at a time on our Ebikes. On a motorcycle I expect to routinely put 50 - 60 miles in a day's use and that's more than a full charge on the Ebikes.
[/QUOTE
We actually already have Ebikes. We got the Lectric folding models.

However, an Ebike and a motorcycle are not comparable, not really. We rarely put more than 3 - 4 miles at a time on our Ebikes. On a motorcycle I expect to routinely put 50 - 60 miles in a day's use and that's more than a full charge on the Ebikes.

But - Tom Cruise said they were! Lol

Attachments

• 9CAE68B3-2EAB-4DC0-BA1A-1A13895C2919.jpeg
    9CAE68B3-2EAB-4DC0-BA1A-1A13895C2919.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 15

Wilbah

Adventurer
I like the decision of using the back. What I was going to suggest was before buying anything for the front (hitch or new bumper) was to put some cardboard in the grille to see if there is an impact on oil or coolant temps. Granted it wouldn't perfectly recreate what a motorcycle would do but might give you a sense of what would/might be needed. Aux oil and tranny coolers can be mounted a lot of places so shouldn't be an issue but the engine itself is what worried me. Not the same as with many diesels that don't appear to have that issue (not being familiar w/Ford I won't try to say definitively).

But I like the thought process you went through and the flexibility your decision (taking the cap on and off) brings. Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles