Motoped. Offroadable Moped

Cody1771

Explorer
Pretty cool but I 'm sure you could buy a new 200cc motorcycle that gets 75 mpg and you could ride anywhere .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just a few faults with that statement. mopeds get upwards of 112MPG, and they are under 50cc so in most states and all of Canada they do not require a motorcycle license to operate, like scooters.

a few things i noticed about the concept;
1) the rear suspension sucks. that design hasn't been used in many years in the mountain biking industry for one reason, when you brake, it locks up the rear suspension making it almost useless.
and 2) the peg position would be awkward during hill climbs or steep descents.

neat concept though. just wouldn't buy one the way it is set up.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
I have to say I like the idea.
I'm sure you can get all the 'mountain bike' parts cheap as used parts and I already I have 3 of the Honda engines 'stockpiled'. They are the 90 & 100 cc with duel range transmissions from Honda Trail 90/110s not the single range 'monkey bike' engines, so that should give them some extra grunt.

BuffaloFunk

Observer
Judging by the "mountain bike" parts on there, this thing has to cost a fortune.
According to their Kickstarter, they have been selling them for $3,500-4,800, but are aiming to increase production to get the price down. They do a bit of a switch-a-roo and say they want to get the price down to $1,500, but that is without the engine. I have a hard time believing it would be even that cheap, without the motor. Or, they aim to get a $599 kit.

For the ~$4k price, you can get a very nice used 250cc motorcycle (yeah, yeah, license and all that) that you'll actually be able to take down the expressway, keep up with city traffic, and be a bit more rugged off road. I'm not really sure who they are aiming for with this product. It isn't the strict dirt bike guys, and it isn't motorcycle guys. Maybe mountain bike guys that are getting lazy, but have deep pockets? But, why not just get a dirt bike then?

lonestrom

Adventurer
According to their Kickstarter, they have been selling them for $3,500-4,800, but are aiming to increase production to get the price down. They do a bit of a switch-a-roo and say they want to get the price down to $1,500, but that is without the engine. I have a hard time believing it would be even that cheap, without the motor. Or, they aim to get a $599 kit.

For the ~$4k price, you can get a very nice used 250cc motorcycle (yeah, yeah, license and all that) that you'll actually be able to take down the expressway, keep up with city traffic, and be a bit more rugged off road. I'm not really sure who they are aiming for with this product. It isn't the strict dirt bike guys, and it isn't motorcycle guys. Maybe mountain bike guys that are getting lazy, but have deep pockets? But, why not just get a dirt bike then?

Some people will pay to be different , even if it doesn't really make sense !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadMedic

Technical Responce Medic
This has been around for a while. Only problem at least in the uk in the tax,insurance and all the rest because it has to be registered which also requires a licence. Better of getting an actual scooter

Sent using Tapatalk

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
Looks like I'll be picking one of these up this weekend. I've tried for several days to talk myself out of it, but I just can't, they are too awesome. Zero experience on a moto, so I give it about 2hrs before I'm rushed to the local emergency room.

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
The target market would be those who can't get a drivers license. Adults with DUI's and children with uber wealthy parents.

Hahaha! I'm not a single one of those, but just ordered one! I have lots of trails and woods near me. Figured if I wanted a light and fast adventure, I could take this out for a few hours and not have to haul the Jeep out with all the junk attached to it.

raqysaba.jpg

Here's one dressed for adventure

quderu9y.jpg

Last edited:

BuffaloFunk

Observer
Hahaha! I'm not a single one of those, but just ordered one! I have lots of trails and woods near me. Figured if I wanted a light and fast adventure, I could take this out for a few hours and not have to haul the Jeep out with all the junk attached to it.
Let us know how you like it.

But why not get a small 250cc dirt bike or dual sport? They aren't much heavier and can actually keep up with traffic if needed.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I love mountain bikes. I've ridden tens of thousands of miles on mountain bikes. I love motorcycles and can say the same of them.

This contraption...is goofy at best. the worst of both worlds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles