Motomaster Eliminator AGM - any experience?

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
I'm already decided that I'd like an AGM battery. I put my batteries through hell with camping, running electronics, etc. So AGM is definitely for me. The Canadian Tire motomaster eliminator AGM ultra has sparked my interest lately. CT is starting to up their game lately. I've noticed they've been rebranding more and more quality automotive products. After doing some research I found the elminator AGM ultra to be a rebranded Exide Edge. Reviews of that battery seem to be pretty, but most of them are for the spiral plates and not the new flat plates that are used in the new elminiator ultra. So very few long-term tests are out there yet.

So has anyone put one of these batteries through the paces yet? Would you recommend one to a person who's hard on their batteries? They're on sale this week, specifically looking at the group 24F for my vehicle.

digitaldelay

Explorer
I've been eyeing up the same 24F for my Grand Vitara. I'm trying to determine if my factory battery (approaching 3 yrs old) will be up to the task of -40. For 160 bucks on sale, I might just get one now to be safe.

Jason

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
Well I bit the bullet today on an eliminator ultra AGM. I got a group 34 instead of the 24F because they didn't have a 24 with my proper terminal placements. The 24F eliminator was tiny compared to my stock Delkor battery and the group 34 eliminator was the exact same size. 770CCA rather than 710 (OEM is 700CCA) and a larger reserve capacity as well. All for a whopping $5 more. 5 year free replacement warranty. Couldn't say no!

Should run all my toys nicely. I hope!

digitaldelay

Explorer
Well, I squeezed another year out of my factory Delkor (lasted just short of 4 years). It was starting to show signs of weakness at mildly cold temps. So, today I picked up a Motomaster Eliminator Ultra AGM 24F. It was a little shorter than factory but came with a plastic riser. I will report back on performance after we get a serious deep freeze.

Jason

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Good prices on these and a great warranty anywhere across Canada. I think I will pick one up for my second battery in the XJ.

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
Well I've had the battery for quite some time now and I'd thought I'd do an update.

So far, zero negatives about this battery. Has never failed me once, even after charging phones, playing the radio, running my light bars while setting up camp, etc. I drained the OEM battery many times while doing those same things. There were many times that I was expecting to have to bring out the booster after a week long camping but she started right up. Actually sort of dissappointed in that, I purchased a really nice lithium-Ion booster pack and haven't even gotten to use it yet. The dimming of the lights at idle is completely eliminated (no pun intended). It's amazing in cold weather. The OEM battery really fell flat on it's face when temps dipped below -10. This one starts up the car with the same effort whether it's -40 or +20. To be fair if it's under -10 I usually have my block heater plugged in, but the OEM battery still really struggled to turn the engine over whether the block heater was used or not.

Bought the same model for our Grand Vitara 2.7L V6 with the same results. If you can find it on sale for $20 off, you can't find another battery for $165 that even comes close.

DezM

Does anybody have any long term updates on these? They're going up for sale tomorrow and I'm tempted to snag a group 34 one.

RigidYota

I got a group 31 and its going onto my third summer and it still holds a charge and does me well! Warranty is what sold me!

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I never did pick up a second one for my XJ... actually sold the XJ before I ever got there. I did however pick one up for my slide in pop up camper project. A nice deep cycle to keep the lights on and the water pumping.

So far, it holds a charge well, seems like a nice battery and as mentioned, great warranty.

FrostyToes

Just a quick "testimonial"-- I replaced my old Motormaster Eliminator AGM with another one this weekend. The old one was just over seven years in the Jeep and had NO signs of wearing out. Summers here can see high 30C to low 40C, and winters can see temperatures in the -30C and I decided not to push my luck. :)

Hnoroian

Observer
That’s nice to hear about the longevity. Wondering how their QC still is after these last few years. One would expect the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles