mosquito netting in australia vs africa

taliv

Observer

the guy in this video makes an offhand comment about land rover's RTT and asks if they know that different mosquito netting is required in australia vs africa.
i was quite surprised at this statement. anyone have any insight into this? it seems like he's implying that you can't use the same RTT on both continents without changing out your mesh. I'm struggling to imagine what could be different about the mosquitos. if it were just size, then one could use the smaller mesh both places, right?

1000arms

I didn't watch the video, but I know that some places have tiny insects, often referred to as "no-see-ums", that can pass through regular window screen and mosquito netting. "Nos-see-um mesh" is great, but the tight weave really restricts air flow.

taliv

Observer
Not a hijack that’s what I’m asking. but I don’t know what a Tuna purse seiner is

So I have a trailer from South Africa. Does it have small holes or large? Would it work in Alaska?

chet6.7

Explorer
Would it work in Alaska?
I would ask the manufacturer is it has no-see-um proof netting.
I was on the SE coast of AK,no-see-um's will be a real PIA.
Maybe you can compare what you have with one of these products.

I don't think this is an AK bug,but is is how my face,neck and arms looked.
noseeums6.jpg

1000arms

Not a hijack that’s what I’m asking. but I don’t know what a Tuna purse seiner is

So I have a trailer from South Africa. Does it have small holes or large? Would it work in Alaska?
It is likely a joke about how big the Alaskan State-Bird, er, Alaskan Mosquito, is, requiring a tuna net to stop them.

Would it work in Alaska?
I would ask the manufacturer if it has no-see-um proof netting.

Or pick up a swatch of no-see-um mesh from a fabric store to compare to your screens.

Alaska has no-see-ums. Maine does too. Some other states do, and I expect parts of Canada do too.

What brand and model trailer do you have?

Adding additional screening can be done if needed, although sometimes it is a PITA. Making sure doors and other openings seal well is also important.

The down side to "no-see-um mesh" is that the tightly woven fabric doesn't breathe well compared to a normal screen, so it tends to trap heat and stuffy air. Other than that, there are many places that you will likely be very glad you have it!

WOODY2

Adventurer
Would it work in Alaska?
I would ask the manufacturer is it has no-see-um proof netting.
I was on the SE coast of AK,no-see-um's will be a real PIA.
Maybe you can compare what you have with one of these products.

I don't think this is an AK bug,but is is how my face,neck and arms looked.
noseeums6.jpg
I'd say that's taking one for the team except there are 13 of those little buggers.

1Goat

SA one would have the smaller holed mesh.
That guy, ASPW, is an ass and his exaggerations shouldn't be taken seriously.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior