Mortonm's 2001 Xterra Build

mortonm

Expedition Leader
It is addicting! Here are some of my latest

Norlund Tomahawk Hudson Bay (1.75lb 25" handle)

Welland Vale/True Temper Black Prince (Both 3lb one 28" one 34")

Sandvik Hatchet (1.25lb 19" handle)

Allof75

Pathfinder
I've been interested in bushcraft hobbies lately, so those axes seem really neat. How involved have you gotten in the refurb of them?

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I've been interested in bushcraft hobbies lately, so those axes seem really neat. How involved have you gotten in the refurb of them?

I did all of it. Clean the rust off, clean up the poll if its damaged and fitting the handle as well as sharpening

Allof75

Pathfinder
I did all of it. Clean the rust off, clean up the poll if its damaged and fitting the handle as well as sharpening

Very very neat! I've picked up a couple over the years, maybe a little restoration would be nice. Must feel nice to work on something and then reap the benefits even in tool form.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Very very neat! I've picked up a couple over the years, maybe a little restoration would be nice. Must feel nice to work on something and then reap the benefits even in tool form.

Very rewarding, my job has a nice mix of field work and desk work but none of it involves creating something like this. So it is a nice outlet.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I didnt get that many pictures, issues with the camera and it was super wet all day friday. Had a great time, meeting new and old friends.

Only issue with the Xterra was the exhaust completely separated at the passenger header, so I had to drive my tractor home 8 hours from Vermont. It is in getting fixed now.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Just ordered new tires for the Xterra

I was able to find 3 leftover BFG AT KO to match the full-size spare I have that was never used.

I ended up getting 70,000 miles (110,000+km) on them. Never had an issue with then anywhere I have taken then so with already one to the set it was a no brainer.

vonguido

Adventurer
Just went through your build thread :smiley_drive: great build!!! Hope all is well, I know you haven't posted in a long while. I was a Jeep XJ guy for a long time but had to get rid of mine(actually followed your brothers XJ build), however now I will be acquiring a 2004 Xterra so I have been doing lots of research, your build thread has been a lot of fun to read. Keep it up. - Sean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles