Mortonm's 2001 Xterra Build

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I oil sprayed my truck today for the winter. I also replaced a really bad rust spot on my rocker. I didn't take before pictures but it was rusted right through and was the size of a baseball. Credit to my father in law for the body work!

Cut the rot out, welded in a new section, then bondo and paint. Up close you can. Tell a difference in the paint but from a couple feet away you would be hard pressed to tell.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all out there!!

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Still alive and still using the truck, I havent updated much becasue there hasnt been much to update. I still use it often but mostly its for getting to campsite lately and less about the drive in.

The tires have nearly 95,000 km on them and I still have 8/32 of tread left. I was assuming that I would need new tires before the snow flies but I am not so sure now.

Here are a few pictures from my canoe trip last week.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
wow awsome photos. You sir are a Voyageur.
BTW Nice Danner boots! Norge welt boot and Severige yxa.

Last edited:

mortonm

Expedition Leader
wow awsome photos. You sir are a Voyageur.
BTW Nice Danner boots! Norge welt boot and Severige yxa.

Thank you, just my phone so the pictures do it no justice.

I love the boot, I have been very happy with them so far (18 months)

As far as Axes, I am not just a Swedish fan. I love some old North American steel as well. I just finished refurbishing this axe before my trip to the Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival which was only 20 miles from Lewistown, PA where this Norlund was made

meganhall

you were my twin for awhile, before yours grew up. Love the desert runner wheels also. You have 265 75R16 tires?

I would love to do a 2 inch lift with lockers and a winch bumper but I just don't have a need for it right now. I am interested, however, in putting a winch between the factory rails up front. Something similar to this, but obviously mine is pre-refresh so the trimming will be different.

img00120201102101414_zps0cca8eb3.jpg

How did you get your headlights round if your xterra is a 2001? if its a mod how did you do it? i love it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke