Mortonm's 2001 Xterra Build

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Quick (poor) picture of the damage, you can see where the leaf is broken right in half, weird that i dont remember it happening

stioc

Expedition Leader
Perfect! now you have a perfectly valid reason to get that lift on it...like I said before I don't see any bad news here :)

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Well I just ordered the springs.

5 leaf pack (essentially a stock 4 leaf with an aal).

It was $255 a side, including new bushings, so I think that is pretty good, considering There is no shipping etc.

This will give me roughly 400-500 lbs of extra load capacity and around 1.5-2" of lift once they are settled.

I was a little worried that it would be more than that (and would need a arms etc) but the shop I am going through said it should be right around 2"

Couple weeks for them to come in, so I should be rolling on a new suspension by the end of the month!

My brother and I are taking a trip to Pennsylvania towards the end of the summer, so after my lift (in order of importance) things i need to do before the trip.

1. Fix Exhaust Leak...its leaking pretty good at the last connection, so I may just replace the last section (muffler included). You can actually see the gasket fraying
2. Rigid dually lights, will be going into the stock fog location
3. Any other maintenance that comes along, hopefully none!

Silver dude

Xplorer
Ebay has stock exhaust replacements. I paid $60 shipped for a walker unit. Has a nice tone to it actually. Fuzz more rumble without being aggressive or annoying. As cheap as it is and easy to replace it seems the way to go.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Picked up the tbars, they are noticeably thicker than the stock bars.

They are also red which I wasn't expecting but its no big deal.

I will post pictures sometime this weekend.

Silver dude

Xplorer
Resprayed mine with a rattle can. Careful if the paint chips and rust forms they can form stress cracks. I've snapped one of my powerbars that way. Not as bad as it sounds just falls on the bump stop. Can still drive if you have tire clearance and can survive the leaning.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Resprayed mine with a rattle can. Careful if the paint chips and rust forms they can form stress cracks. I've snapped one of my powerbars that way. Not as bad as it sounds just falls on the bump stop. Can still drive if you have tire clearance and can survive the leaning.

Thanks for the heads up. Ill just leave mine red, ill just have to try and get it dirty sooner than later.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Slight delay on the leafs, should have them within a week or two. Was hoping to install this weekend but doesn't look like it will happen.

I am off to New York City next weekend so it looks like mid june now.

Good things come to those who wait?

stioc

Expedition Leader
Yep, waiting for parts sucks but it's how it is sometimes, however, another week or two is not the end of the world.
Can't wait to see how it looks with the fresh suspension on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior