Morryde Trail Kitchen

Bobzdar

Observer
This is a new product from Morryde designed (by jscherb who posts here in the Jeep section) for the jku but should fit anything with a large enough trunk; after some back and forth with morryde on dimensions, mounting etc. I ended up getting one for my jlur. Install wasn't too bad, they send a kit that uses rivnuts that get installed in the trunk floor but I used the existing mounts for the cargo hold downs on the driver side of the JLU and one of the bolts for the under floor cargo tray. No drilling in the jeep, but I did drill one hole in the kitchen and made a bracket out of some spare aluminum I had lying around for the passenger side. I had to space it up around 3/4" to clear one of the rear trim peices in the JL, so the wood added on the passenger side is just to match the metal spacers on the driver side (ran out of metal spacers), I plan to replace that with delrin or rectangle tube metal at some point. I'll probably also add a real cooler in the future, the one in the pic is just holding beer and can handle a long weekend without needing more ice, but on long trips we usually have the camper which has a fridge so no plans for a 12v fridge (yet). I also got the optional fold out and detachable counter tops (they're the part that kicks out to the driver side). Only 'problem' is that my two burner stove is 1/8" to wide to fit in the drawer when it's closed, but I can store other stuff in there so no biggie.

Overall very well built, the slides lock in place both when opened and closed and operate independently, which is nice as if the weather is poor you can just open the drawer and leave the cooler/fridge slide closed so you're covered by the rear glass. If you have a full hatchback the whole thing will be close to covered, which can be good if it's raining, or bad if smoke gets pushed into your car.

Attachments

• 20180831_121937.jpg
    20180831_121937.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 248
  • 20180831_121948.jpg
    20180831_121948.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 253
  • 20180831_122148.jpg
    20180831_122148.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 253
  • 20180901_085824.jpg
    20180901_085824.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 258
  • 20180902_095523.jpg
    20180902_095523.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 229

OregonJKU

Hi Bobzdar, thank you for the write-up and pictures. As you probably seen in Jeff's thread in the jeep forum, we are interested in the Trail Kitchen. If you wouldn't mind, please post pics of the drawer opened with and without the foldout table inside. Thank you.

Bobzdar

Observer
Hi Bobzdar, thank you for the write-up and pictures. As you probably seen in Jeff's thread in the jeep forum, we are interested in the Trail Kitchen. If you wouldn't mind, please post pics of the drawer opened with and without the foldout table inside. Thank you.

Here you go, let me know if you want any other info.

Attachments

• 20180905_174801.jpg
    20180905_174801.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • 20180905_180639.jpg
    20180905_180639.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 75

OregonJKU

Thank you. How much space (height) is there in the drawer below the table that folds out to the left, not including the clip-on table? Also, it appears that once installed the foldout table takes up space reducing both the inside width and length of the drawer. What is the remaining inside width and length of the drawer?

Last edited:

Bobzdar

Observer
I'll have to measure when I get home this evening on the height, but the folding table doesn't stick up much so you can place things on top of it the full length/width of the drawer. I think the total thickness might be an inch where the legs are folded and it easily slides under the support bars. Storage wise, there's just barely not enough room for my stove, but enough room for all of my cooking and coffee equipment along with the folding drawer. Only thing I'm going to do is add a rubber mat on the bottom to prevent rattling/sliding. With it empty the unit doesn't make any noticeable noise, which is nice, but I can hear the folding table moving around when it's stowed in the drawer. I can take a pic of it loaded if you'd like.

OregonJKU

We are uncertain about getting the folding table. Did you install it in the drawer or did it come preinstalled? Also, from the pictures the table's support bars in the drawer appears to shorten the length of the interior of the drawer. Is this correct? No need to take a pic of the loaded drawer but a pic with a tape measure showing the interior length would be helpful. Thank you for your responses.

Bobzdar

Observer
We are uncertain about getting the folding table. Did you install it in the drawer or did it come preinstalled? Also, from the pictures the table's support bars in the drawer appears to shorten the length of the interior of the drawer. Is this correct? No need to take a pic of the loaded drawer but a pic with a tape measure showing the interior length would be helpful. Thank you for your responses.

I installed it, it took 5 minutes or so. The support bars are there whether or not you get the folding table, so the only space it uses is the 1/4" at the top of the drawer when it's folded up. Interior length is 18" between the support bars.

OregonJKU

Hi Bobzdar, would you mind answering some more questions? In your pictures it appears the support bars are held in place by screws/rivets. Are they? What would be the interior length without the support bars? Thank you again.

Bobzdar

Observer
They're held in with rivets, so could possibly be drilled out and removed if you had no plans to add the fold out counter top. I'll have to measure the length when I get home.

OregonJKU

They're held in with rivets, so could possibly be drilled out and removed if you had no plans to add the fold out counter top. I'll have to measure the length when I get home.
Hi Bobzdar, sorry to bother you but we're wondering if you could let me know the interior length of the drawer without the support bars. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles