More Fuso FG help needed

FusoFG

Adventurer
Does anyone know how to remove the hub lock nut on the front axle On my 93 FG so I can replace the brakes?

I don't have the special tool that removes the lock nut.

Still desperate,

Tom

canter tourer

Adventurer
If I wasn't clear, I'm trying to get the front brake drum off.

Thanks in advance

Tom
I made mine I think from 2 1/4 exhaust pipe and a couple of bolts and scrap lying around, works a treat but not pretty:)
I have heard some may use a chisel, but that'll damage it and makes it hard to Torque it back up when you're done. Hope that helps a bit.
Dave

Attachments

• 20200221_143324.jpg
    20200221_143324.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 22

canter tourer

Adventurer
I made mine I think from 2 1/4 exhaust pipe and a couple of bolts and scrap lying around, works a treat but not pretty:)
I have heard some may use a chisel, but that'll damage it and makes it hard to Torque it back up when you're done. Hope that helps a bit.
Dave

Attachments

• 20200221_143316.jpg
    20200221_143316.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20200221_145014.jpg
    20200221_145014.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 23

FusoFG

Adventurer
Dave
Thanks, that looks like a real clever 'special tool'. What size bolts are those?

Am I going to need a special puller to get the drum off or does it come off easily? The brake shoes seems to be stuck in the engaged position on making the wheel very difficult to turn.

Tom

Last edited:

canter tourer

Adventurer
As SkiFreak said, make sure the shoes are backed off and it'll come off, just be aware the drums are heavy buggers, try your best to keep it all level as it comes off so the bearings don't fall out if your unlucky and you don't damage the seals, although it's worth replacing them at the time given the effort required to do it all.

The bolts were whatever was lying around, whatever fits the holes in the nut is all you need, bolts or a bit of bar would work fine.
Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles