Mopar winter wheels

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
I saw a video with Dan Grec where he mentioned that he has the Mopar winter wheels on his Jeep. I was wondering if anyone had these wheels on their Jeep. Thinking of putting them on my XJ.

SVTRIT

I bought identical wheels from Tire Rack for some F150’s that needed dedicated off road tires part of the year. They were great, but salt is not friendly to them at the wheel center to rim seam. Good cleaning will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I bought identical wheels from Tire Rack for some F150’s that needed dedicated off road tires part of the year. They were great, but salt is not friendly to them at the wheel center to rim seam. Good cleaning will help.

When you say "identical", is the valve stem protected by the face of the wheel?
As well as being steel, that's the main reason I chose the Mopar Winter wheels.

I show it on video in this one

-Dan

SVTRIT

When you say "identical", is the valve stem protected by the face of the wheel?
As well as being steel, that's the main reason I chose the Mopar Winter wheels.

I show it on video in this one

-Dan

I think so, but need to verify. Here is a picture for reference. When a truck is nearby again, I’ll check, but I think they did.

8d730a88f93a12124ee4d1cb1ff2f6b6.jpg

billiebob

Mopar winter wheels
These are pretty generic steelies intended to mount winter tires in the winter season. They are incredibly inexpensive and generally handle winter salt and grime well. The "Mopar" wheel might be better built than the cheaper generic line of wheel. I've never had the factory/manufacturers version but if you live in the mountains, in snowcountry where "winter" tires are mandatory you will see thousands of cars sporting the cheap, black, generic wheel. I have them on my TJR year round. They are made in vitrually every size, offset, bolt pattern.

The Mopar wheel also hides the valve stem protecting it when driving thru deep snow or things like winter windrows. THAT is a rare feature.

This is the market driving them.

DSCN0188.jpeg

Last edited:

SVTRIT

My wheels are different than that. We also have the generic Steelers for the 18” trucks. I think they called these Hummer wheels at something like that.

I had snows on generic steels for my wife’s minivan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles