Mopar JK Big Brake Kit Regrets?

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Time has come for a second brake job on my 2014 JKU, including new rotors up front. That gets me about 1/2 way to the cost of the mopar BBK, and I’m thinking about jumping up there.

Has anyone done that and regretted it? I’m stock but heavy, and starting to pull a trailer more often.

jadmt

ignore button user
I never did the mopar kit but I did the Tera flex big rotor kit and it made a nice difference on my 2014 rubicon running 35's.

RTillery

I upgraded to the Mopar bbk 2-3 years ago and have had no issues.
I did the Crown Automotive Caliper/Rotor kit and the Mopar Booster/Master cylinder. Absolutely love it. She stops like I'm on Velcro if I need to. Lots of deer in my neighborhood so I've gotten to check it a few times. It also has a great light touch for coming up to a stoplight. Shame on Jeep for not doing this in the first place.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I went with the Teraflex rotors and relocation brackets. An easy enough install for doing in a driveway. Well worth the $800.00 front and rear with a couple sets of pads and clips.

GreggNY

Dynatrac progrip brakes front and rear made a world of difference stopping 37s when I had my Jeep. Just another option

jgaz

Adventurer
@NatersXJ6
If you’re looking for info on this modification check out this site. Don't be afraid to call.

We put a big brake kit on my buddies TJ after he went to 35’s. The difference was incredible!

When you call them you speak with a very, very knowledgeable person.
The human service before the sale, and answering an after sale question, can’t be discounted IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles