Mopar is bringing something new to Expo!

Judoka

Learning To Live
If you don't already know Ram will be launching the REBEL at Overland Expo West this year. BUT... You will also see another release this year that Ram has not announced! I saw it yesterday and I gotta say, I want one!

See you all there! I will be working the AEV booth so stop and say hello!
Scott

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
If you don't already know Ram will be launching the REBEL at Overland Expo West this year. BUT... You will also see another release this year that Ram has not announced! I saw it yesterday and I gotta say, I want one!

See you all there! I will be working the AEV booth so stop and say hello!
Scott

Hey that's awesome can't wait to see what they brought. I hope that they heeded the feedback and bring staff that are more able to discuss the product this year!

TwinStick

Explorer
Personally, I do not like the "teaser vehicles" one bit. It really aggravates me. The FC they brought a few years back generated all kinds of interest, yet they will never produce it. Same as the short box single cab Power Wagon & the diesel J8 w/Dana 60 rear. I would buy an FC with the 3-way fold down bed sides, 40 tires & lockers, bumper/winch in a minute.

I was lucky enough to be able to order a 2008 Power Wagon w/G-56, before they discontinued that transmission w/Hemi. Don't think i will ever get rid of it willingly. I don't think anything will ever be produced in my lifetime to one-up what i have now, as far as big trucks anyways. It is sad. I was hoping Ford or Chevy would make an effort. By them doing that, I was hoping Dodge/Ram would up their game. Even if Ram offered a real 6-speed auto trans with the same gear ratios that are in the G-56, that would be a HUGE step forward. People could once again tow decent sized campers without being forced to buy a diesel just to make up for the lack of proper gear ratios/shifting points/& 2 or more overdrives in the pathetic auto transmissions that are offered with gas engines now. I had an 04 2500 w/Hemi & 545RFE auto & 4.10's & tow pkg. It absolutely sucked for towing our 30' Toy Hauler of 10,500 lbs. It would either be screaming in 2nd or lugging in 3rd, & constantly shifting between the two, even in tow/haul after it was reflashed, just to maintain 55 mph on flat ground into a headwind. I had to put a 24 row 1 ton trans cooler on it & a 6 pass engine oil cooler so it would not self destruct while i had it. My PW has the same 345 hp engine yet tows the very same camper like nobody's business. Simply amazing what a properly geared trans can do for gas engines.

If they focused more on making their trucks actually perform better in real world conditions, instead of making fantasy vehicles that will never be produced, they just might sell more trucks & gain more market share---ya think ? End of rant. Sorry.

PeteEinMT

Observer
Great Rant!!! I have an 03 5.9 Cummins 2500 with a 6 speed. 78k miles. I really have been looking at a new Power Wagon but it is hard to justify when I can throw a set of ARB's in mine and be done. I wish there was a true transfer tank for the gas engines. I just spend a week in New Mexico with the AEV Power Wagon and really could see myself using one but don't know if the 25k extra (Laramie PW) would be worth it for less MPG.

Pete

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles