Monty the 3rd Gen Montero

ChrisCosta416

Busy past few weeks. Mounted my ADD transmission Skid, finished up my drawer platform and other stuff!515449515450515451

Attachments

• IMG_5219.jpg
    IMG_5219.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17

rolofoto

Hello,

First off, I just want to say that I am not knowledgeable nor an expert when it comes to car parts. So please bear with me.

Second, I don't know if this is the right thread to post this but I am looking forward to upgrade my stock 2003 montero limited suspension. I will be doing a bit of off roading (not extreme) next month.
My ideal look at the end of the day would be that my monty will look a bit taller (is 1.5" lift enough?) and it rides smoothly on normal paved roads.

Seeing all the builds that you guys have done so far sparked me to try! It would be much appreciated if any of you can help me find the right parts.

Thank you and have a good day :)

ChrisCosta416

I have only used OME and Kings.

Kings definitely are the smoothest on and off-road. However I would recommend Biltstien and lovell combo since it sounds like you will mainly be driving on road. A lot of folks have had success with that combo.

JeSTcHiLLn

hey Chris, great build and I'm glad you take and post a lot of photo documentation. Have you experienced brake fade when traveling down from the Sierras or Big Bear? I know there are better brake pads for our NP out there, but I haven't been able to find any stainless steel braided (coated) brake lines. Do you think there is a need? I see them for 1st and 2nd gen, but not our 3rd gens. Have you found any sets or jury rigged your own?

ChrisCosta416

I have not experienced brake fade. I use OEM brake pads (Ake-bono) there is a company that makes braided lines in Aus (Safebrake) and I will be buyinh some soon,.

CJREX

How did your truck fare off road compared to the gen 2.5?

I'm still deciding whether to kit out my 2003 Montero or get something else (was leaning toward a 4Runner but the 2 I've driven didn't particularly impress. Gonna look at the GX470)

ChrisCosta416

Hard to say, I have never driven a Gen2.5 off road but I will say I do like how much smaller and narrow the Gen2.5 is.

Montero vs 4Runner vs GX470 is all about price. Purchase price of the vehicle, the Montero is the cheapest. Aftermarket is generally the same, of course the Yotas have more aftermarket available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles