Montoya my 1976 Series III 109

Factoid

Three criminal heroes
So, she's a Spaniard. Montoya seemed appropriate.

Upgrades are coming. You Landry owners don't know "underpowered" until you drive a 109 with the stock diesel 2.25. I have procured a 300 TDI (love diesels) and it will go in over Christmas. I bought her as she is completely rust free (the south of Spain will do that for you). I did find two small bubbles on the bottom of the left rear door.

Then disk brakes, springs, shocks, and a bunch of seals to keep as much of the fluids where they belong as possible.

She'll be our lake vehicle in New York and get lots of opportunities to thrash new roads, so expedition upgrades will be added along the way. Sold some Porsche parts that were taking up space and doing nothing for me. It is amazing the return on value at about 10:1. Sold a 911 roller to buy the Landy (I do love the Series!) and an engine for the 300, springs, shocks and wheels. Got to keep the CFO happy! Here's a few pics. I'm post more and better along the way.

IMG_0236.jpgIMG_0235.jpgIMG_0233.jpgIMG_0238.jpg

Factoid

Three criminal heroes
Christmas came early!

I certainly didn't expect a delivery on Saturday. I got to get the damn garage cleaned up in order to get to work. Speaking of work, it's getting in my way of building and driving. A necessary evil!

Attachments

• IMG_0716.jpg
    IMG_0716.jpg
    606.9 KB · Views: 12

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior