Montero Milestones: 9 days; 2,800 miles; 3 states; 7 national forests; and 9 alpine passes.

Yes, full-size friendly. Hagerman is easily wide enough all the way up and over. Hancock has it's narrow spots, but you should be fine. The switchback took a 3-point turn in my XJ last year and the same in the Montero this year. I'd expect a 4-5 point turn in a full-size. - I'd also invest in skid plates for Hancock if you aren't lifted at all. The stock FJ scraped it's belly in a couple of places and it was on 33's. Hancock's Northeast side is pretty rough and can be really wet and slippery depending on time of year.

Thanks man. Stock truck with 33's and leveling kit that has limited slip. She does pretty good and im experienced off roader. Debating if I want to head that way at the end of the month.

hagancj7

great pics and looks like turned out to be a great trip. Did you record your routes? IE suggestions on campsite and what not with waypoints?

zoomad75

K5 Camper guy
Thanks man. Stock truck with 33's and leveling kit that has limited slip. She does pretty good and im experienced off roader. Debating if I want to head that way at the end of the month.

Hancock and Hagerman are pretty easy for a fullsize. As the OP noted on the west/south side of Hancock pass is a tight switchback I've always had to take a 3 point turn coming down in my K5. Just went through it last month. The east side is rocky, but not bad if you pick the right line. We had a first timer driving a JK jeep with us completely stock on 31's make it with no problem.

Hagerman is even easier. Pretty basic trail ride, wide in most spots.

Hancock and Hagerman are pretty easy for a fullsize. As the OP noted on the west/south side of Hancock pass is a tight switchback I've always had to take a 3 point turn coming down in my K5. Just went through it last month. The east side is rocky, but not bad if you pick the right line. We had a first timer driving a JK jeep with us completely stock on 31's make it with no problem.

Hagerman is even easier. Pretty basic trail ride, wide in most spots.

Thank you sir.

zoomad75

K5 Camper guy
Great write up by the way. I always love seeing other perspectives of trails I've done. Plus I see a few more to put on my list...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94