Montana Whitewater Adventure - lots of pics

MattKoch

Observer
My first post ---- hopefully all the pics upload!

This Summer my good friend Frankie and I took a whitewater trip to Idaho and Montana. Franks Taco was the truck of choice for the trip since he was all about hauling lots of Toys ( Kayak and SUP's ) :) It was only a 2 week trip but we covered more than 4,000 miles by the time it was over.

IMG_4338-Edit-Edit.jpg

An adventure was well overdue for both Frank and I. With such a small window we were going to really have to lay down the miles. The trip started in Paducah Ky where I picked up Frank from climbing cell towers. 17 hours later and we rolled into Denver (Franks Home) parked the dodge ,loaded up the Taco and headed for the mountains.

IMG_4336-Edit-Edit.jpg

The gear was simple. Boards more boards ,2 kayaks , sleeping bags with Bivy sack, thermorest, tarp , 1 hammock - forgot the other one -->to bad Frankie , Stove, portable kitchen, a few changes of clothes, Beer cooler and Food cooler. This trip was all about getting to the fun and making sure we were to tired to care about added amenities.

1000 more miles to Jackson hole, our first stop. Jackson in the summer time has some of the biggest inland surf waves in the country! not to surprising we definitely weren't the only ones there.

IMG_5132-Edit.jpg

IMG_5266.jpg

IMG_5189.jpg

Everyone love raft carnage!!!

IMG_5324.jpg

Free + Scenic = jackson hole camping

IMG_5437.jpg

IMG_5432.jpg

I've never been able to bypass yellowstone when I drive through wyoming. I love that place!

IMG_4350-Edit-Edit.jpg

IMG_4379-Edit.jpg

woops think i might have reached my pic limit for this post. Stay tuned for part 2 !

maxingout

Adventurer
An excellent adventure especially since you started from Kentucky. Most people would consider just the drive to Colorado to be an adventure, but you guys were just getting started by the time you arrived out west. I would like for you to transfer a few units of your energy and endurance to me.

I used to live in Kentucky, and so I appreciate what you had to do to make this adventure happen.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Nice!!!! My kind of adventure...scenery, kayaks, 4WD and lotsa food. :elkgrin:

MattKoch

Observer
Thanks for the replies! Theres actually some SUP shots in my second post but its ended up below this one. I think SUP's are a must add on for any overland vehicle:)

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the replies! Theres actually some SUP shots in my second post but its ended up below this one. I think SUP's are a must add on for any overland vehicle:)

Especially effective for evicting those who set up their own zip code on a wave. :)

Sounds like a great trip. I love that area but haven't paddled there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier