Adventurer
Gotta love it! FINALLY caught some lightning shots:wings:

P8039185-L.jpg

P8039223-L.jpg

Artsy Shot
P8039520-L.jpg

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
WOW!! Look at the crazy way its dancing in that 2nd shot!!

We get lots of lightning here in Florida, but rarely any cool pieces like the ones you posted.

Sexy6Chick

Adventurer
WOW!! Look at the crazy way its dancing in that 2nd shot!!

We get lots of lightning here in Florida, but rarely any cool pieces like the ones you posted.

I know - the lightning was nuts last night. I've never seen a lightning show like this one. I mean almost every few seconds for hours. It was the best chance for me to catch some lightning shots..seeing as I have tried numerous times and failed lol. I stood outside for a good hour last night just clicking the shutter away haha.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
It just plugs into the side of the camera, same place you'd plug in a remote, and when the lightning strikes, it gives off a frequency that the trigger picks up and it snaps the photo

If you've ever listened to an AM Radio during a storm, you'll notice that there is static everytime a lightning bolt hits, its the same technology, just in a small size. I was doing research and kept finding lightning triggers that cost upwards of $5-700, then found this company and it only cost $130.

They offered a 30 day money back guarantee so I figured I'd try it.

First day I got it, I snapped this, so the wife told me I could keep it.

936276770_PvNrM-L.jpg

Ok, back to Monsoon season and Natalie's images

Sexy6Chick

Adventurer
^haha no worries! I'm actually really glad you posted that. My boss has been looking for one and that was a great reference. That's a great shot, wish I had an open view like that for this show :)

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
For me, it's been a learning curve.

I have to focus the camera usually in the dark on the horizon. I have to then set it to manual focus so it wont try and refocus. I then have to set the settings to manual and figure out a f/stop and shutter speed that works for how dark the scene is.

With the trigger on, it will automatically take when ever a bolt occurs. I've found that if I leave the shutter open for a long time, it usually helps catch more strikes in the same frame.

The main problem is here in Florida, we have hundreds of strikes that never leave the clouds, so there are nights I sit out back watching an amazing storm with the camera snapping hundreds of photos, yet not one caught a strike that left the clouds, so the images just look like the clouds are lit up.

No worries, it's a good reason to sit out back with a cold beer and watch the storms pass by. Another reason why I'm so in awe of your photos with those amazing strikes coming out of the clouds and zigzagging across the sky

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior