MOLLE Seat back panels - Who runs one?

Hey guys and gals. I've been thinking of getting one of those universal type of MOLLE platforms (link to what I'm looking at) for the back of my drivers seat to hang some bags from. So far the only things I can think of using it for is first aid kits though (splitting my current kit into one quick grab trauma/emergency and one cuts and scrapes kit), which otherwise fits real nice in between the rear cup holders and front middle seat.

Can anyone that runs one (past or present) weigh in on what you've used it for?

Cheers!

DailyExpedition

I don’t use one on my seats but I did make a couple of rigid molle panels for the rear are of my rig to store smaller stuff that can usually just be in the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gringo m

Observer
I use one of these for smaller items. I like that it can be easily removed. It's well made and has held up well. Not sure what running one means, must be a tactical thing.

Recommended books for Overlanding

We Will Be Free: Overlanding In Africa and Around South A...
by Mr Graeme Robert Bell
From $20
The Longest Line on the Map: The United States, the Pan-A...
by Eric Rutkow
From $13.39
Adventure Motorcycling Handbook: A Route & Planning Guide
by Chris Scott
From $10.09
Motorcycle Messengers: Tales from the Road by Writers who...
by Lois Pryce, Mark Richardson, Carla King, Sam Manic...
From $9.99

slvyj

Observer
I have the smittybilt seat covers in my Wrangler and found they are not the best for holding bags. I have kids and the back seat is already small. When adding bags, it takes away from the kids space.

In my opinion Molle panels make great place for hanging pouches or bags from. Easy to access from either passenger or drivers door. Not great for grab and go situations. Why, because of how secure the pouches or bags are attached to the panel. For grab and go situations, velcro is your friend. Trauma kits are grab and go situations. BooBoo bags are just that minor injuries, cut, scraps, bug bites. Insect stings I would classify as trauma kits because so many have allergic reactions to stings.

My recommendation would be a combination Molle and Velcro panel. Velcro in the top half of the panel so you can just reach in and grab a trauma kit.

I hate to sound like a broken record talking about these guys. I promise I am not getting any benefit and don't want any other than to see them produce more great products. Check out Blue RIdge Overland Gear. They offer several panel style and even headrest bags if you don't want to go with panels.
https://www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com/category-s/1948.htm?searching=Y&sort=3&cat=1948&show=126&page=1

02rangeredge

Adventurer
I have these http://store.springtailsolutions.com/MP-X-Seat-Back-MOLLE-Panel_p_48.html in my truck, they're close to what your looking at but work horizontally or vertically, I will say that I got them because my back seats never hold people

On my panels I have a first aid kit, a bottle pouch full of road or hiking snacks, a quality multi tool, a good strong flashlight, some zip ties and rope, as well as work gloves and a hand saw, oh, and sunglasses for both me and my girlfriend, allergy meds, and ratchet straps to hold my kayaks to the truck

In my opinion Molle panels make great place for hanging pouches or bags from. Easy to access from either passenger or drivers door. Not great for grab and go situations. Why, because of how secure the pouches or bags are attached to the panel. For grab and go situations, velcro is your friend. Trauma kits are grab and go situations. BooBoo bags are just that minor injuries, cut, scraps, bug bites. Insect stings I would classify as trauma kits because so many have allergic reactions to stings.

My recommendation would be a combination Molle and Velcro panel. Velcro in the top half of the panel so you can just reach in and grab a trauma kit.

I hate to sound like a broken record talking about these guys. I promise I am not getting any benefit and don't want any other than to see them produce more great products. Check out Blue RIdge Overland Gear. They offer several panel style and even headrest bags if you don't want to go with panels.
https://www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com/category-s/1948.htm?searching=Y&sort=3&cat=1948&show=126&page=1
My plan was to do a tear away/Velcro trauma pouch on the back of the headrest for grab and go situations. The booboo bag would likely be a clamshell type, haven't decided on size yet though.

I have looked at the blue ridge bags before, I'll likely upgrade to those when I can actually afford them but amazon specials will do for now.

I use this in my LC100 on the front passenger seat.
https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Organizer-Unlimited-Ridgeline-Protector/dp/B01J9OXZP4

It's cheap. It's not designed for my LC seats. But it works. It comes with a bunch of molle pouches and is fairly easy to install (especially if it's designed for your seats).

For the price, I think it's well worth it. I like having certain things easily accessible when I'm in the driver seat just by reaching back.
That looks suspiciously similar to the Smittybilt gear seat covers, but at a much better price :p Not a big fan of the included bags though.

Ray_G

Explorer
I run a variety of MOLLE related equipment in my vehicles. The caveat of course is that, as a Marine, it is comforting to me and very familiar.

My D1 has seat covers from Kexby (now Knightsbridge) that has MOLLE directly on them. It has gone through a lot of manipulations depending on setup/event/etc.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1287.jpgbHMgrTpOSaWKCeJZxJSFxQ_thumb_3818.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3729.jpg

The modularity is a plus, ironically what I've found is I hang very little on most of the space. IFAKs on the head rests, some stuff in the rear cargo area. Other than for VOT we don't tend to have stuff on the back of the front seats as to leave leg room for any passengers. Unless I've got the fridge in on the 40 side...in which case the driver's side will have stuff.

My D3 has the previously noted BROG panels. They are superb. Like the D1, the arrangement has gone through some evolution-almost always on the middle row seat since this is much more a DD and the kids seats have legroom preserved. Some of the evolution, the initial setup while in Abu Dhabi:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_13ec.jpg
What it looks like more/less now:
pu0jzMzIQcSoIoY7yR3smw_thumb_480c.jpg

More pics sprinkled throughout my build threads, but you get the point. The nice thing about panels compared to seat covers: you can remove the panels. Move them fore/aft, or just have them out to manipulate the setup since that is often a journey.
r-
Ray

I don’t use one on my seats but I did make a couple of rigid molle panels for the rear are of my rig to store smaller stuff that can usually just be in the way

Any info on how you made your panels? They look great

Sent on a device from the future. Be scared, humans.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Overlanding the Americas: La Lucha
by Mr Graeme Robert Bell
From $20
Don't Go There. It's Not Safe. You'll Die.: And other mor...
by Jared McCaffree, Jessica Mans, Kobus Mans
From $19.99
Overland: A Mercedes-Benz Journey Through the Americas
by ri M. Stroh
From $20
Overlanders' Handbook: Worldwide route and planning guide...
by Chris Scott
From $21.04
Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why
by Laurence Gonzales
From $9.99

DailyExpedition

Any info on how you made your panels? They look great

Sent on a device from the future. Be scared, humans.
Thanks! Well it wasn’t exactly easy, since the plastic is not cheap I made a template first out of some 1/4 plywood, Making the General shape is easy, However making the squares perfect in the template is even harder, so I only did like two rows and then cut it into the abs plastic with a trim router. I thought about making new ones, if I did, I would buy a small molle panel from greyman tactical and use it for the template for the small squares. Would make it a lot easier

Ray_G

Explorer
Thanks! Well it wasn’t exactly easy, since the plastic is not cheap I made a template first out of some 1/4 plywood, Making the General shape is easy, However making the squares perfect in the template is even harder, so I only did like two rows and then cut it into the abs plastic with a trim router. I thought about making new ones, if I did, I would buy a small molle panel from greyman tactical and use it for the template for the small squares. Would make it a lot easier

I am impressed. I wondered if your setup was custom-bc finding larger MOLLE panels isn’t cheap. I have a grey man panel that I may use as you suggested, templating for custom ABS inserts.