Molle packs on a seat cover

Wainiha

Explorer
I have this in my truck:http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=18830

It has molles that strap on the backside. I'm trying to figure out what I should carry.

I have a broad idea:

1. First Aid----guaze, tape, neosporin,scissors
2. Security----flashlight, knife
3. Spare clothes(it's warm here so they'll fit in a small pouch)
4. Emergency food-----energy bars and water purification and?
5. Tools/Safety----big tools go in the tool box....in the molle-leatherman, dikes or wire stripper, maybe other electrical stuff like wire/fuses etc?

Anyone have any thoughts? Changing catagories or details on one listed above? Any thoughts would be very helpful. Thank you.

Last edited:

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
I have a similar setup. I keep a first aid kit, shovel, recovery rope/straps, small tool pouches with basic emergency tools, and some random pouches to throw stuff in when I need it.
attachment.php

On the first aid kit, make sure that when you mount it up, it can be pulled up quickly. No fiddling with a strap or snap. Just grabbing the handle, pull and its off. The green pouch on the right is my FA kit btw.

Wainiha

Explorer
Duct tape I see?, yes. Or Gorilla brand.

I have my recovery line in the extra cab seat compartments of my Tacoma

Thank you, AFBronco

Anyone else?

Cordite

dont have pics right now but I carry First Aid kit and assorted bandages, etc., a SureFire flashlight, a tomahawk that serves also as a hammer and has a pointed end like a geologists hammer. Have a map case, a pack for a lightweight windbreaker and a "survival" blanket, a Woobie, emergency fishing tackle, some basic tools, and a dedicated little pack filled with fire starting materials.

rayra

Expedition Leader
I'd want more human comfort items and things like comms, binoculars, things like that. I've got other storage for recovery gear and mechanic's tools.
I'm also looking for a seat-back rig that only goes down about half way from the top of the seat, so it doesn't interfere with rear passenger leg / knee room. Bigger compartments, cleaner look. Want things convenient to hand, but don't much like the 'junk on the bunk' look where everything is on display. 99% of the time it'll be parked at the office / around town, not in some mudhole.

I once saw a rig where the person was using an inexpensive brand of MOLLE load-bearing vest as a seat-back organizer. He'd just strapped it onto the seat backwards. Seemed like a neat and inexpensive idea and its shortness is what caught my eye.

Wainiha

Explorer
Fishing tackle that would good for here. Fire starter too...smart idea.

I have the binoculars under my seat now, might move them.

The idea is not expo. There's no where to go on an island. But the same ideas transfer over for tsunami/hurricane preparedness. Keep 'em coming guys. Thanks.

rayra

Expedition Leader
You looking for more ideas on what sort of items to store there, or what sort of bags to use, or what sort of MOLLE attachment panel to use?

Govt milsup sales has some good and very inexpensive MOLLE items occasional. Pouches, backs, packs, holsters and mag shingles too
http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/

An example, a MOLLE mount medical kit bag, about the size of a large hard back book. $6.
http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/MOLLE-II-Medic-Pouch-New-8465014674988-p/1396.htm

1396-2T.jpg

You can readily dye those with RIT dyes, black covers up most anything.

---

A bit of work on replacing the strapping and a load bearing MOLLE vest can be turned into a seat back panel
This one's $32, and thanks to the human form factor it's already teh size of a seat back.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/3-1133127

3-1133127.jpg

Wainiha

Explorer
Well, cancel this thread's question. The Sierra Expedition seat cover already split at the seams after a month and half. 3" tear on the backrest part. Lame.

I will try and return it, but I did use it. Not abused, but still not holding my breath. Glad I only bought one.

Wet Okole next time. Expensive mistake.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
For anyone interested I have some OD green MOLLE knife sheaths that I will be selling. They have a leather sheath inside. PM me if interested. Thanks.

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
Those things are WAY overpriced. I hope you get your refund and go on over to Coverking.com. Great people there. They'll put together just about any kind of cover you'd want.

Wainiha

Explorer
Will at Sierra Expeditions was very helpful. Gave me the number to Rugged Ridge(the maker or distributer?). They were very helpfull as well. New seat cover is on it's way.

Thank you Will @ Sierra Expeditions. I like your products and your company. I will continue buying from you.

Thank you Rugged Ridge for the excellent service.

Good customer service will get my money every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz