MOLLE dxf or dwg file for cutting

Charles R

Adventurer
Remember the size of the holes. They're only 1.25" x 1.00". Lots of tools would work, but how much time do you want to spend? What I used was a simple deburring tool, and a few rotations per hole, per side. Aluminum is soft and a simple "sharp knife" tool will break the edge just fine. Like I said, I spent very little actual time per hole... There's just a ton of them. I'd still use the same tool if I did these in a plastic. But I'd probably do a rethink for a steel version. For that, I'd probably start looking at that rotary file, and similar tools.

The design of the blade on these let's you get closer to a 45 degree break angle (faking a radius) pretty easily. This also chamfers the curved corners pretty easily too. Using a flap disk or other things takes a little more effort, to do the same thing. And for me, "effort" = "time".

husky-deburring-tools-pipe-reamers-80-531-111-64_1000.jpg

Last edited:

rayra

Expedition Leader
I build CNC machines and none of that makes any sense. re-running the "profile" again does not have any offset. I have a CNC plasma and oxy/fuel at my disposal all the time. I NEVER "walk away", it is the kiss of death when you do. CAD and CAM are two different languages, the interpreter software is usually very expensive (if it has logic). A machine cannot decipher where to "delete" the hole. Setting up a router on a machine with one head takes at least 15min even with quick change tooling, machine has not spun a single rev yet and you are still doing set up, per piece or sheet. Tooling offset, kerfs, etc.. all come into play when "writing" a file. G code is is a simple set of instructions to a machine, if it is a servo setup, some feedback is done but only to confirm "next step ready", no logic.

Not getting down on you , just want the folks reading to understand the actual process is not that simple. It is "like magic" when all said and done but you must have A) someone to draw a cad drawing, B) a method to convert cad drawing to your machines G code (POST) and then C) the machine to execute the written G code.

My current favorites for cad to cam are We-cim, Sigma-nest and ProNest all of them have a logic based algorithm for placing parts (files) on a sheet or remnant with a huge database of parameters.

?
It's as easy as using a roundover bit set to a slightly lower depth and running the exact same cutting program in the table.
but wtfever, what do I know about building things. The 'expert' above has spoken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94